Clutch and flywheel advice/recommendations

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Building this 2011 jetta cjaa to be my daily, car drives nice seemed great then i took it got the exhaust deleted and then tuned it...well came home after the first drive to find a horrible rattling......under hood showed drivers side and simply pushing in the clutch makes it disappear so im going with failing flywheel....this is my second cjaa and 6spd my other one had typical dmf shudder under hard throttle low rpm but never failed...so im surprised at 260k kms this one is letting go but what can you do.

So its been a long time since ive been following what's good and what not but im looking to probably do a cr170 turbo or a 1760vrk......so im thinking a bully clutch with single mass 22lb flywheel...maybe fluiddamper too as well to help...anyone have experience with that or something else?

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Single mass is a synchro killer. Just do a quick search for anything 2009 and up and people who have ran a single mass. Whats your output for tq? SACHs has a performance clutch kit good up to 400tq.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Single mass is a synchro killer. Just do a quick search for anything 2009 and up and people who have ran a single mass. Whats your output for tq? SACHs has a performance clutch kit good up to 400tq.
i was under the impression it was clutch material that was causing issues with single mass...thats why bully uses different material

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
There have been multiple instances of people using single mass wheels and destroying their synchros, look in the Power Enhancement section. I just had the Sachs SRE dual mass kit installed, and its been fine for a couple thousand miles so far on Malone stage 2. People seem to have good luck using the stock Luk kit even with tuning

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There have been multiple instances of people using single mass wheels and destroying their synchros, look in the Power Enhancement section. I just had the Sachs SRE dual mass kit installed, and its been fine for a couple thousand miles so far on Malone stage 2. People seem to have good luck using the stock Luk kit even with tuning
id like to not run stock the dmf shudder is annoying.