Would you buy a tdi with these codes ?

Falco4758

TDI
Mk6
Looking to get my first tdi. It’s a 2011 that has been sitting a few weeks and the engine light just came on he said when he started it a few days ago. I brought my ob eleven and it showed engine faults p2002 and p0401. Are these from not driving the car or something more serious. Car has 140k on it he is saying $5500. Thanks All!

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Suggest you mention your duplicate thread on this topic, so that you don't get a bunch of duplicate response. :)

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Looking to get my first tdi. It’s a 2011 that has been sitting a few weeks and the engine light just came on he said when he started it a few days ago. I brought my ob eleven and it showed engine faults p2002 and p0401. Are these from not driving the car or something more serious. Car has 140k on it he is saying $5500. Thanks All!
Looks like the dpf and EGR cooler is getting plugged. Expensive to fix.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Literally no one replied

damn okay I guess I’ll pass or offer 4000?
Hi I'm no one. I replied to it. Look up the price for a DPF for that vehicle and an EGR cooler. And then look at how much it cost to replace them.

Falco4758

TDI
Mk6
Hi I'm no one. I replied to it. Look up the price for a DPF for that vehicle and an EGR cooler. And then look at how much it cost to replace them.
He texted me “the engine lights are off” I said okay let’s go to emissions if it passes I’ll buy it on the spot. He replied “I’m keeping the car” lol. Search continues. What should I look to pay for a good quality mk6 jetta with around 150k

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
He texted me “the engine lights are off” I said okay let’s go to emissions if it passes I’ll buy it on the spot. He replied “I’m keeping the car” lol. Search continues. What should I look to pay for a good quality mk6 jetta with around 150k
With today's market... Hard to guess. My jsw books at 9ish. Without the mods. 166k miles