2013 TDI Golf New turbo from dealer

Texashills73

TDI
2013 Golf 2.0
Thanks first. To anyone who can assist.
Had p0401 code and P2002 code engine light on. Took it to the dealership VW. North Park. SA.
The supposedly fixed the problem the first time. Driving home came back on again. Brought it back after waiting a month for a loner car.
This last time they replaced the turbo.
Driving home again. Same 2 codes came up again with engine light. Any ideas? Should I take it to regular shop? I have a bumper to bumper extended warranty. Thanks for your input in advance.
TexasbbQ

miningman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Your VW dealer has failed to correctly identify the problem and is now throwing expensive parts at your vehicle. He has clearly indentified his lack of competanccy. Take your car somewhere else..... ANYWHERE

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I am, also purchased a bumper to bumper warranty through my credit union. Going to search for a local European shop instead of the VW dealership.
So you're going to go a an indy shop just so you can pay for otherwise free parts\repairs?
I'd keep going back to VW and letting them throw parts at it until they guess right.... they will replace the correct part eventually, or you'll just end up with new everything else.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Not sure why they replaced the turbo when you clearly have the textbook bad DPF. You're tailpipes are sooty, too, I bet.

I get these from dealers all the time, too. It isn't out of the ordinary. Your choice, you can let them try and do their job, or let someone else actually fix your car.

FWIW, most extended warranty companies won't cover anything that should be covered under a manufacturer's warranty.

Texashills73

TDI
2013 Golf 2.0
Back up if refused from the VW warranty I would imagine. I have something similar through GEICO on my stop sale Beetle. It was pretty inexpensive.
Here's the reply from my sales rep. I also paid for an oil change and when I got home. Checked it, it was black as coal.
Reply below:::::

Wow I am very sorry to hear that. Diesel oil is very dark however I would really like to have the opportunity to make this right. I will do another oil change while you wait if you like so you can see it getting done. As far as the check engine light idk what it is. We actually drove the car 43 miles if you look on your invoice it will show the in miles and out miles. I am very sorry and would like to try to make things right if given the chance.

Texashills73

TDI
2013 Golf 2.0
10-4. I have a 7.3 diesel and I check the oil 2 days later after driving. It's still clear. And the same with my golf. After. A few days. 🧐

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The oil will be black after a trip around the block. That is normal. I don't care what your 7.3L's oil looks like.

The Dieselgate warranty extension is from Volkswagen, and has nothing to do with your extended warranty you spent your money on.

I will ask again, are your tail pipes sooty inside?

FrancoGilmore

TDI
none
In general, hatchbacks try to embody the best of all cars, combining comfort, style, utility, value, and performance in one package. And among hatchbacks, the 2013 Volkswagen Golf does this better than any other competitor. Considering that the Golf has been in production since 1974, perhaps this should be no surprise. I prefer more expensive cars. I recently bought my wife a new Lamborghini at Orlando exotic cars for sale. It cost me a lot, but the car is worth the money.

Last edited:

Texashills73

TDI
2013 Golf 2.0
The oil will be black after a trip around the block. That is normal. I don't care what your 7.3L's oil looks like.

The Dieselgate warranty extension is from Volkswagen, and has nothing to do with your extended warranty you spent your money on.

I will ask again, are your tail pipes sooty inside?
Very Sooty!!!!!

marcomurabia

TDI
Mk7
Thanks first. To anyone who can assist.
Had p0401 code and P2002 code engine light on. Took it to the dealership VW. North Park. SA.
The supposedly fixed the problem the first time. Driving home came back on again. Brought it back after waiting a month for a loner car.
This last time they replaced the turbo.
Driving home again. Same 2 codes came up again with engine light. Any ideas? Should I take it to regular shop? I have a bumper to bumper extended warranty. Thanks for your input in advance.
TexasbbQ
He has clearly indentified his lack of competanccy. Take your car somewhere else....

Last edited: