Egr bypass without remapping

dec942

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2002, blue
Any one out there know how I can bypass the Egr in a 2000 vw golf tdi without programming the ecu?
Tricking the ecu in thinking it’s on but not with a resistor or vacuum switch of some kind.

zslnk

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI, 3rd gen Cummins 2500, ALH Sedan
For sure you can. You have to understand how the computer knows that there is, or is not flow through the EGR and modify this process. For off road use only. EGR prevents pollution.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
For sure you can. You have to understand how the computer knows that there is, or is not flow through the EGR and modify this process. For off road use only. EGR prevents pollution.
tell us please how you can without reprogramming

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
21 years later... I'm 100% sure we DO NOT have a way to get around not having a remap.
seriously if you use logic and just ask "has this been tried and what are my options" ..... unless your some savant Diesel guru with a magic wand.... NO a remap is the only way
don't bypass it. fix it properly and replace broken parts. the EGR is actually very helpful and with our "new" low sulfur fuel... the problem that they had is no longer an issue.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Glad I'm not the only one that just says 'leave it alone'
If it ain't broke, leave it alone. There's been lots of people who have tried over the years who have tried to do Egr deletes without a tune and to not cause a CEL. There's been mixed results, and ultimately every car is different. But yes, 100% what Mongler said.

zslnk

Veteran Member
TDI
E320 CDI, 3rd gen Cummins 2500, ALH Sedan
The original post pretty much sums it up. He is on the right track. Not sure what a MAF twist does.
Search for: epsilonian

Electrical method or vac switch, both work.

Last edited: