Outer thread wear on front tires

Diesel Fumes

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 alh tdi 5 speed
Update: the shop said they can't get it in alignment now. Camber on drivers side is out. Tried shifting subframe. No luck.

Diesel Fumes

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 alh tdi 5 speed
Another update. Wheel alignment machine needed calibration. Alignment completed at another shop with no issues. Useless thread I'm sorry.

I guess sometimes it's worth getting a second opinion on alignment. Or at least take your car to a shop that does a high volume of alignments

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I bet the car was far enough out of alignment that the machine couldn't "see" it. I've had that happen. Have to calibrate and align a second time.

Share the report if you have it, please.

Diesel Fumes

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 alh tdi 5 speed
I bet the car was far enough out of alignment that the machine couldn't "see" it. I've had that happen. Have to calibrate and align a second time.

Share the report if you have it, please.
The report from the bad machine? I don't have that. He told he needs a tech to come and recalibrate the alignment machine. So originally the machine was saying the alignment was good despite being off. I really don't know. But I have the car back now realigned as it should be with nearly everything new on the front end except for sway bar links and control arm bushings so it better be good for a while now 😀