Turbo Inlet Question

Joe 2012 Golf

TDI
2012 Golf 6 speed manual, 2006 Silverado Duromax dually
Any one know what you have at the bottom of the turbo inlet, like a name and part number? I did the EGR and cooler delete, cat/dpf delete and anti rattle shut down flap delete. There must have been a plug there and a screw to hold it in place.
It fell out on the road and I didn't notice until a week ago. Got under it yesterday, removed the belly pan and followed the oil drip up. Oil is coming from the pcv system going from the rocker box cover to the top of the turbo inlet.
So, it needs to be capped because there's unfiltered air getting sucked in while running and oil dripping when shut down.

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
When folks do the EGR Cooler Delete, they usually put a rubber plug in the hole with a nut on the face that compresses / tightens the plug in the hole.

Joe 2012 Golf

TDI
When folks do the EGR Cooler Delete, they usually put a rubber plug in the hole with a nut on the face that compresses / tightens the plug in the hole.
The previous one must have fallen out. I'll put red loctite this time.
What size is that hole? I'll make a trip to the plumbing supply store. Put an expansion plug in it.
What size is that threaded hole? I'll fabricate a bracket to retain the plug. I was going to buy a tap and thread the hole, but I believe the material is too thin and would crack.
The other thing I thought of was welding a plug in, but welding aluminum is very difficult.
Maybe a two part epoxy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
I know the Darkside EGR Cooler delete kits comes with a expansion plug for that inlet portion. You can find them on amazon easily or your plumbing store. I dont think its anything special.

Joe 2012 Golf

TDI
Yeah, I tried on Saturday, but the Lowe's ones were plastic outer and it's next to thr exhaust manifold. The plumbing only stores were closed for labor day. I'll try again this weekend.