P2002 code yesterday

ranger pete

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Read codes at AZ this morning. It cleared the CEL.

154K miles, '11 JSW 6MT

Should I expect it to come back?

Any advice appreciated.

I did get a new intake from VW under warranty at about 120K last fall.

Pretty sure I'm out of warranty, so I am open to mods, mainly for mpg, reliability. Wouldn't mind a few more hp, if it comes with it.

ranger pete

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Any recommendations of local mechanics. I brought it to 413 Auto shortly after buying it just to do an oil change and give it a once over. He seemed pretty adamant about keeping it all stock, even after the warranty runs out. I see People's Auto in Somers listed also. Only about 15 minutes away.

Anyone have any experience with them and how friendly they are to mods?

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I'm uncertain what you mean by AZ, I see your on the east coast so its not Arizona 😁

Id definitely check if your still under warranty and use it for all you can.. While you can.

Don't remove the code before going into the dealership. They need that for warreny repair, if covered. Even if you haven't set a CEL you "can" have a code locked in.

Zero cost if its a warranty repair under emmisions. IMO its worth the effort to at least diagnose at dealer if the local repair shops are questionable

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Any recommendations of local mechanics. I brought it to 413 Auto shortly after buying it just to do an oil change and give it a once over. He seemed pretty adamant about keeping it all stock, even after the warranty runs out. I see People's Auto in Somers listed also. Only about 15 minutes away.

Anyone have any experience with them and how friendly they are to mods?
413 is the guy I've been using for a long time. Trying to do mods lately has become a lot more risky which is why he probably would rather not do it. I really like him but it is a pain to get to him lately from CT because of the BigE.