sold

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta 03 Golf 2 door
Sold...

This is my 03 project car, have had for a LONG time. 209500 currently. This is the sunroof delete model with ESC white in color
The good...
20th edition brake swap (the best of the generation)
Grey leather GTI interior (does have some wear)
Sport springs, and koni adjustable shocks
T4 injectors and a mild rocket chip tune
EGR delete
only a muffler left in the exhaust
Brand spanking new sony head unit with backup camera
Parts, parts, and more parts. Including a spare rebuilt engine (in pieces), spare injection pump, spare set of wheels (longbeach 17's worn out tires) various filters and a couple gallons of correct oil. A couple quarts of G12. Spare intake manifold, MAF, spare 3 spoke steering wheel and airbag, panzer plate, spare set of red rear calipers, there is more, just can't remember it all.
Tires are recent and have good tread.
Homelink drivers side visor.

The bad,
A few dings here and there.
Headliner is coming down.
There is a little rust at the front rockers, not much, but, it is there.
The transmission has a slight leak, and would need to be taken out to be fixed properly. (I am not hiding anything here folks)

This car is very fun to drive and handles really well. Everything works, and there are no check engine lights (I know, shocking!) It does 80 at about 2150 rpm's in 6th gear, gets around 50 on a trip and not thrashing it. I am willing to either drive within reasonable distances, or pick someone up at the airport.

I have pic's on my phone, will try and post some, but, who knows if I can figure that one out! I can text them to you if you have interest.

I think 6K is reasonable for what is included, but, certainly open to discussion.

Last edited:

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes folks, I still have this, found more crap, glass lenses for the lights and a rear antisway bar. Kind of gave up on selling it, but, ok for it to go as well. Will be a sad day for me.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Hi

I thought the car already had a 6-speed transmission in it why would you be swapping out Transmissions?

Other than the transmission leak on the car currently was there anything else wrong with the transmission in there now?

How many miles is on the new six-speed transmission? Do you know if it's in good shape or not? What gearing is in that new 6-speed transmission well maybe not new but different speed?

Sorry about all the questions regarding the six-speed transmission but I was wondering if you would consider selling it separately?

Andrew

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
The mounting points on the current transmission are sketchy at best. Exact same trans that is in there now, got shipped from Italy, I believe DRW is the code.
No, not selling the transmission separately, it is part and parcel with the car.

mrurbina

Vendor
TDI
MK4 jetta tdi , alh wagon
The mounting points on the current transmission are sketchy at best. Exact same trans that is in there now, got shipped from Italy, I believe DRW is the code.
No, not selling the transmission separately, it is part and parcel with the car.
post it up on ebay , you'll get more eyes on it

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
I kind of wanted this to go to one of the diesel faithful. Seriously, I would take a lot less if it went to the "right" home.