Massive problems with my 14 SportWagen

HogDoc

TDI
2014 Sport WagonTDI
Help! i have a 14 SportWagen that will not shift out of 1st when in drive, lights are on for ABS, Steering, Traction Control, Red Brake warning, Glow plug flashing, and front wipers are not working at all. I am chasing wires at this point as I cannot find a common component that would affect all these systems.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Agreed, some very random, seemly unrelated failures occurring simultaneously.

Fully charged battery? Are all ground connections good? Any fuses failed?

Just some basic electrical triage...

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
Was it working properly then suddenly this happened? Or what triggered it? How is the rodent population in your area?

DrGERTol

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Variant (JSW) 6MT
Find someone in your area with Ross-Tech VCDS or another VAG aware scan tool (OBDeleven, Carista, VAG401, Foxwell, etc.) & scan for DTC/fault codes.

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
right?
if you want any meaningful help OP, you're going to have to provide some more info on what lead up to this situation.

HogDoc

TDI
2014 Sport WagonTDI
Background info, these problems started a week ago right after a pretty intense rainstorm. Step daughter was driving and had the 'Brake" warning come on and then went off. She brought it home and had no other issues. About an hour later, she went to drive it again and that is when the transmission problems started. Car will shift between R,N, and D, but will not go through the gears. As I started troubleshooting, I found the glow plug light flashing, and the wipers not working. I will see if I can get scan data tonight.

HogDoc

TDI
2014 Sport WagonTDI
No sunroof. Checked the battery and it tested at 12.8v, all body grounds I can fine also showed 12.8v.

HogDoc

TDI
2014 Sport WagonTDI
Yes, positive to battery, negative to ground, v should read same as battery

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'd check the underhood fuse block and the main harness bundle where it passes through the firewall. Mice did a number on the harness there on my '11.

HogDoc

TDI
2014 Sport WagonTDI
I do have reverse. I have checked all fuzes, and looked for any signs of wire damage. Nothing yet.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Without a scan, we are just taking stabs in the dark.... could be a lot of things..... mechatronics unit?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It does sound water related. One time I got a flashing glow light and limp mode immediately after washing the engine compartment at the car wash. I think some moisture got in at the ecu connection. It resolved itself after drying out for an hour or two.

HogDoc

TDI
2014 Sport WagonTDI
Sorry for being vacant, been sick the last few days. I have been all over the engine and cannot see any obvious wire damage anywhere. I pulled codes and I have faults for ABS control module, all 4 wheel speed sensors, terminal 30 failed to reach minimum voltage and terminal 30 voltage too high. No engine codes other than typical EGR stuff, which I know it needs a new EGR valve.