Reprogram a spare ECU to work on ALH

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
is there a way I can get an spare ecu and program it to make it work on my alh? not sure if doing immo delete will cause the light to go on. If so, what is the work around?

03 alh golf
02j swapped

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
is there a way I can get an spare ecu and program it to make it work on my alh? not sure if doing immo delete will cause the light to go on. If so, what is the work around?

03 alh golf
02j swapped
Yes, you can. You'll have to get an immo delete, or you can also perform a learn function for your car. I believe you would be limited to only some 2002 cars and 2003 for which one would work. The light won't come on if you have the keys programmed to your cluster.
If you need an ecm, pm me, I've got I've from a 2003.
What's your reason for wanting to replace the ECM?

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
Yes, you can. You'll have to get an immo delete, or you can also perform a learn function for your car. I believe you would be limited to only some 2002 cars and 2003 for which one would work. The light won't come on if you have the keys programmed to your cluster.
If you need an ecm, pm me, I've got I've from a 2003.
What's your reason for wanting to replace the ECM?
unfortunately, lost my stock file and stuck on stage 4 tune.

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
yeah prepping for it in the coming months lol
I bought a Flashzilla so I have my original factory FW. What I don’t know is if I’m due for smog this year or next. I had to smog for the title transfer last year and online I see that supposedly that doesn’t reset your smog dates, but I think it did for my Jetta when I bought it.

ecala001

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf
I bought a Flashzilla so I have my original factory FW. What I don’t know is if I’m due for smog this year or next. I had to smog for the title transfer last year and online I see that supposedly that doesn’t reset your smog dates, but I think it did for my Jetta when I bought it.
I found out from Owain from malone that I can upload my current tune to instatune and select the stock file option and it will recode it to stock. just curious if smog will catch it if it's been "modified"

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
If you are going to keep a 'smog approved ECU', the important things to know are the suffix letters on the ECU should match and then, all you need is a immobilizer delete. For example, if you have a suffix 'FD' and you get an immobilier installed on a 'CG', your glow plugs won't work. With an immobilizer deleted ECU, it will work in any vehicle that has the same suffix.

I am sure there are ECU immo coding that has 'no tracks'. In any case, there is no reason for any smog people to cause a problem.