2014 JSW - Tire size 225/50-17

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Looking to soften the ride just a bit, does anyone run 225/50's on their stock Porto rims?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Thanks, what tires are you running? I have noticed not as much selection in the 50 series. Also, can you tell me what you changed for lift?

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
Last edited:

Zygote Bros

TDI
2014 JSW TDI
Tires are Continental Control Contact Sport AS. I think they have been superceded by a new model.

Springs are from Tiguans front and rear, front is what most people use (2wd) but rears are a specific Tiguan Spring (slightly shorter and stiffer than JSW Towing springs). Front struts are Jetta Koni SA and rears (for now) are Tiguan 2wd Koni SA. Also have a GTI 21mm rear sway bar.

Tiguan Front Springs - 5N0411105T
Tiguan Rear Springs - 3C0511115AG
GTI/Passat 21mm Rear Sway Bar - 1K0511305CM (buy used and get some new bushings!!!)

I bought genuine OEM springs from a dealership, not the Suplex copies. The result is a little firm in back (but not harsh), but if you carry a lot of weight in the rear often, I'd recommend it. I'm planning to replace the rear struts with Tiguan Bilstein Tourings (B4) to see if that softens it slightly. I tried using Jetta Koni SAs and they were too soft, plus they clunked over large bumps.

I went a little different route with the rear springs and sway bar to reduce understeer. I think it was successful, it's not like a GTI (it leans) but I can accelerate around a turn and the rear will follow.

Gas mileage probably affected slightly, but not much. Maybe 1 mpg. I get about 30 city and 37 highway going about 70 mph. Speedo is now only 1 mph off but odometer is about 2-3% lower so you have to adjust mpg calcs.

Last edited: