Radiator Fans Randomily Running At Full Power

athornfam2

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium
Hello All,

I'm hoping some TDI Gurus or Mechanics could kinda give me a direction of where to go with this.... I've recently been having an issue in the last 1-2 months of the front end radiator fans running at full power on my Volkswagen Jetta 2014 TDI Premium w/ the Diesel fix. I know that the vehicle at some point a handful or more times throughout its lifetime will go through a DPF regen which I've seen happen maybe 1 or 2 times parked and I do know it lasts about 10-15 minutes of high RPM intervals to get rid of the soot in the vehicle....

So, the issue is that the car has started to randomly run those fans at full power, cause drag on the car when operating it, my most recent fillup of half a tank which usually gets me 280-300 miles only got me 180. The crazy thing is that this just recently passed inspection and the mechanic at the dealership didn't say anything about it.

Here's a clip just this weekend of a short 40-50 mile run with multiple stops...

Here's another clip from my typical morning commute that is about 22 miles

Greatly appreciate all the help and would be happy to answer any questions that someone might have... I have a feeling though that since I'm not too mechanically inclined that I might have to take it to the shop - hopefully covered under the diesel gate warranty.