cold air intake on a 2.0 TDI?

gringojosh

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Does it make sense to put an aftermarket cold air intake on the 2.0 TDI? Will this mess up a tune if I go with APR or Malone?

Josh

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
No and no.
Have you seen the cold air intake thread sticky on performance enhancements page?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
you gain at least a tenth in the quarter mile when your wallets lighter, so that's a plus.

Save your money and save up for an emissions delete, save the intakes for the GTI spoolie bois.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The GTI guys have enough with the EA888 engines randomly doing wallet-crushing things, LOL...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
65K strong so far on our Alltrack, not that should be milestone to celebrate, but I'm still happy.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
at least someone is happy!

MukGyver

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD
Does it make sense to put an aftermarket cold air intake on the 2.0 TDI? Will this mess up a tune if I go with APR or Malone?

Josh
to answer the first half of your questions, most AM cold air intakes really are..... hot Engine Compartment Air intakes. bad

the stocker IS already a cold air intake with more than enough cfm flow for mods.

edit: I should say bad unless you drive in real cold and are having trouble keeping engine temp up, in that case it would help efficiency to draw in warm engine compartment air. But then that's what your egr cooler-warmer is for too.

Last edited: