Audi 3.0 TDI - another power barrier boken - 603hp / 1080nm (diesel only)

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Been a while since my car was stuck at 500hp (2018) - Heads lifted so added low comp pistons , stronger headbolts, bigger injectors, bigger OEM exhaust, bigger pump resulting in this

Injectors don't seem to like high rail pressure so more are being made to get rid of the dip and hopefully squeeze some more ponies with some extra rev's

Thanks
Bobby

commedeschatons

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon 5mt, 2016 VW Touareg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, 2011 335d Msport, 2009 Q7 TDI
God damn bobby. 💪💪💪

At what point will necessitate upgraded rods and pistons ?

And which turbo is this one ? S300 based?

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Congratulations Bobby ! It’s impressive the power you’ve squuzed out of a pretty much stock bottom end !
Hi Chris how you are keeping well - yes indeed the rods seem to be holding together well enough for now. Without low comp these big power builds can't last - heads lift, pistons crack etc etc its just a pain.
However, taking this engine apart is a lot of work and wouldn't want to do it again in a hurry.
Cheers

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Hi Bobby, all good here, working hard too ! Yes, I know working on the 3.0 tdi is no mean feat but it pays to do things properly ! You seem to work hard with the t4/5 crew, I have sent a few guys your way and you made good name quickly! How’s family, kid big yet to give you a hand in the workshop ? Nice to see the good old a4 is working better than the day I’ve seen it ! Well done mate !

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Family is growing up fast - as for helping out in the workshop that would be a dream, my son is a bmw fan so he is banned from the workshop ;)
Thanks for recommending the the Transporter guys - to be honest I didn't realise how big that market is at first. I've stopped doing T4 WG hybrids (complete pita to control as emp is so high). T5 hybrid are 80% ok but again burn hours trying to complete those jobs sometimes.

If you are still in the UK pop in sometime.

Cheers

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
This thing is an understated mummy's school wagon. When I went for a ride iin it a few months ago it's an animal and would show up some higher price bracket super cars. It does make me wonder what's the next thing to produce a problem...gearbox?

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
This thing is an understated mummy's school wagon. When I went for a ride iin it a few months ago it's an animal and would show up some higher price bracket super cars. It does make me wonder what's the next thing to produce a problem...gearbox?
Hi Chris - I don't think its wise to launch it anymore though haha

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Family is growing up fast - as for helping out in the workshop that would be a dream, my son is a bmw fan so he is banned from the workshop ;)
Thanks for recommending the the Transporter guys - to be honest I didn't realise how big that market is at first. I've stopped doing T4 WG hybrids (complete pita to control as emp is so high). T5 hybrid are 80% ok but again burn hours trying to complete those jobs sometimes.

If you are still in the UK pop in sometime.

Cheers
Ha, ha ! Ar least your son has taste if he likes beeemers ! As for the t4 market, them old boys kinda like to do half jobs and they fit larger nozzles but still keep the ancient k14 turbos...I used to surf the t4 forum but I start having the amp when they demanded paid susbscription to be on the forum ! Not in Uk but might come and see you next time I fly there as soon as this false pandemic 😷 s over !
Festa, I was too surprised when I went for a ride in Bobby’s a4, however he’s not beating on a dead horse as you with the t5 ! Not being sarcastic but I would have burned that 5 pot years ago have I had as much grief from it !

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Nice one Bobby, glad to see its possible. I've still got a pile of bits that we needed to fit to A5 V1, a fully built engine was the plan there.

Not in Uk but might come and see you next time I fly there as soon as this false pandemic 😷 s over !
The google bots will get you on arrival for hate speech! be careful! haha

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Ha, ha ! Ar least your son has taste if he likes beeemers ! As for the t4 market, them old boys kinda like to do half jobs and they fit larger nozzles but still keep the ancient k14 turbos...I used to surf the t4 forum but I start having the amp when they demanded paid susbscription to be on the forum ! Not in Uk but might come and see you next time I fly there as soon as this false pandemic 😷 s over !
Festa, I was too surprised when I went for a ride in Bobby’s a4, however he’s not beating on a dead horse as you with the t5 ! Not being sarcastic but I would have burned that 5 pot years ago have I had as much grief from it !
Tell me about it these T5 2.5TDI's seem to hold together upto around 300hp above this they lift the head, crack pistons etc etc same story as usual.
Low comp helps but then you have to deal with crappy PD's with larger nozzles and keeping the smoke down is battle.
Lets not start with the heads haha

Nice one Bobby, glad to see its possible. I've still got a pile of bits that we needed to fit to A5 V1, a fully built engine was the plan there.

The google bots will get you on arrival for hate speech! be careful! haha
Thanks Ryan - I noticed the battle you guys had with the DL501 they can be very problematic thats for sure. Going any larger on the turbo will make it too laggy for my daily use.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Below 400hp the DL501 seems good. We might get an Auto if we go big or Manual for top speed events. We have other cars to finish!

I would have thought it was a lag monster as is but the Auto looks to light it up nicely.

Hopefully our 5 pot truck holds together! lol

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
I think the early 2004 3.0 tdi might be easy to import in Murica! I know you can get the v6 tdi in the Touareg? That engine is just a swap away...

Festa

Veteran Member
TDI
Vw t5 van
however he’s not beating on a dead horse as you with the t5 ! Not being sarcastic but I would have burned that 5 pot years ago have I had as much grief from it !
All too there own...I'm in it to far and Bobby has been of help but the latest was I cracked cylinder 2 lining and the landing faces of the linings to the block are starting to roll even though I have pistons to lower CR. The wholw engine is a bad design but it was just an exercise by VW to produce a light high power diesel engine that had a purpose for a short time frame. I wonder like Bobby how far you can take stuff reliably

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
I feel you mate...I admired you stubbornness but after the 3rd rebuild I kinda thought you either have too much money to spare or you're inamorated to the old van...anyway, we cluttered Bobby's thread for long enough , time to go all to our toys ! Sorry bobby...

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
A8 4H 4.2TDI, Cayenne 4.2TDI, 6.0TDI
Very nice job Bobby! I like that you havent stopped pushing the limits :) gives me hope 600hp is easy with my current 4.2tdi Cayenne build.

Where you at CR wise? Under 15:1? I assume not much different off-boost.

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Very nice job Bobby! I like that you havent stopped pushing the limits :) gives me hope 600hp is easy with my current 4.2tdi Cayenne build.

Where you at CR wise? Under 15:1? I assume not much different off-boost.
Thanks off boost is working well - CR is lower than that yes
600hp from 4.2 should easy enough with two 2260's

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
Kind of an old thread but I had a couple of questions, since Bobby Singh is the King of Clean Lambda.
1) Are you working mainly with the lambda maps to clean the lambda or you need to adjust other things also?
2) On the dyno there is a clean lambda but is it the same if you sudden WOT on the street? In other words does the dyno acceleration constitute a somewhat gentler acceleration under different load conditions?
3) Do you have to inevitably trade off some HP to get a clean lambda?