vehicle max speed limited to 90 kph

Mars4407

TDI
2.5 vw crafter 2007
Good evening,

I have managed to put a max speed limit through VCDS of 90 kph/50mph on my van. 2007 VW crafter. What I am trying to find out if there is anyone out there that knows how, (through VCDS) to set it all back to factory settings. I have tried changing the wheel perameters back to stock but keeps coming back with ERROR. Trying to change all the perameters on channel 40-44 and ERROR. Is there a code that I need to get security access or is it a dealer garage job? If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
If you are using VCDS the first thing you should do is run a scan and save that file so you have all the original settings. Those can be used to return to stock. I would contact RossTech if you have a legitimate cable, for help.

Mars4407

TDI
2.5 vw crafter 2007
Thanks for the reply. I didn't save the original settings. Had a look on another forum and they are saying i need a flash with the settings. Would a VW dealer have the settings for my van?

Mars4407

TDI
2.5 vw crafter 2007
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I have emailed RT so will see what comes back

Mars4407

TDI
2.5 vw crafter 2007
Have found the issue. 1-5 glow plug open circuit. Glow plug disconnected behind induction pipe on head. Checked the harness from the relay and no power when tested with a test light. Same system as HPFP so causing it not to go above 2000 rpm. Easy fix but pain to find

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
The ECU will only accept lowering the setting.... as in decreases only. If you mess with this and you want to "Ctrl-Z", you will need to have your ECU reflashed back to OEM by a dealership. It's best not to play with this setting.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Stick to the right lane.... it will be cheaper and you'll keep saving on fuel.... or find a spare ECU to buy.... probably cheaper than a dealer reflash.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I have emailed RT so will see what comes back
Allow me.....

Ross-Tech Site said:
Channel 18:

• On some EDC-15 ECUs, this channel has a non-zero value in it like 190.
  • Yes, that's the "speed limiter". Don't mess with it!
  • It can only be adjusted downward, and it's one-way! You cannot increase the value, and if you decrease it, you're stuck with it.
  • So unless you want to permanently decrease your car's top speed, Don't mess with it!
  • If you do mess with it and your car ends up with a lower top speed than it had before, don't call us, don't e-mail us, and don't complain that we didn't warn you!

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, but I believe there are members on here who can do it for a reasonable price.

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
I think it's about an EDC16 ECU. Here a tuner can increase this again via BDM.
With the tester VCDS you can only go further down, but not up.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It appears that some of "my villagers" have found a workaround the "programming requirement" part

Reach out to them... they may be able to just revert your ECU if you want to deal with the downtime instead of spending the coin.