Share Your Opinion - 2013 Jetta TDI

deltamed

TDI
'04 Jetta TDI
I found a 2013 Jetta TDI with 117,000 miles. It's in very good shape, 6 speed xmssion and has had the diesel-gate update. It has not however, had the timing belt replaced. I drive 40+ miles one way to work and loved the power, fuel economy, and reliability of my 2004 BEW. I'm very mechanically minded, plan to spend the time and money to "update" and remove things to improve the fuel mileage. In 100 words or less, I'd like to hear from others with the MKVI - A6 and how happy or unhappy they have been with them. This will be the last car I plan to buy before I retire. Thanks!

StevenT

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI Automatic, 2011 Jetta TDI 6 Spd. Manual. Malone Stage 2
I own a 2004 BEW Jetta and a 2011 TDI Jetta with 6spd MT. I love it. Mine has been "Updated" with Rawtek exhaust and Malone stage 2. I have gave a few Hemi Chargers on the highway a good run. Leave them scratching their heads. Passengers are always impressed with the power/torque. The MK6 TDIs are scheduled for TB replacement at 120,000 miles. Unlike the BEW at 80,000. I love my MK6.

Tdi-mk6-cjaa

TDI
MK6 CJAA
Bought a 2012 CJAA Jetta over 2yr ago now. Current Stage 2 with Rawtek exhaust aswell. 2 Micron Fuel Filter 140,000 km on her. Just Installed the CR170 and water/meth from snow performance. Going to stage 3. Love the fuel mileage I'm getting since the original tune and the power is perfect for my every day driver. Look into CP3 Fuel pump upgrade. Heard the fuel pump CP4 fails more down where in the states then in Canada. And the EGR delete avoids the intercooler icing issue.

deltamed

TDI
'04 Jetta TDI
I own a 2004 BEW Jetta and a 2011 TDI Jetta with 6spd MT. I love it. Mine has been "Updated" with Rawtek exhaust and Malone stage 2. I have gave a few Hemi Chargers on the highway a good run. Leave them scratching their heads. Passengers are always impressed with the power/torque. The MK6 TDIs are scheduled for TB replacement at 120,000 miles. Unlike the BEW at 80,000. I love my MK6.
Good to know. Thanks! What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

deltamed

TDI
'04 Jetta TDI
Bought a 2012 CJAA Jetta over 2yr ago now. Current Stage 2 with Rawtek exhaust aswell. 2 Micron Fuel Filter 140,000 km on her. Just Installed the CR170 and water/meth from snow performance. Going to stage 3. Love the fuel mileage I'm getting since the original tune and the power is perfect for my every day driver. Look into CP3 Fuel pump upgrade. Heard the fuel pump CP4 fails more down where in the states then in Canada. And the EGR delete avoids the intercooler icing issue.

Thanks for the info. Engine looks as clean as the day it rolled off the assembly line! What kind of MPG are you getting on your every day drive?

StevenT

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI Automatic, 2011 Jetta TDI 6 Spd. Manual. Malone Stage 2
Good to know. Thanks! What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?
Spirited driving hwy/city mix 39 mpg. Two - 50 mile highway runs cruise set at 68 mph according to the MFD 58 miles per gallon.