Not mine- CL find, low mileage B4V Eastern PA

joelbert

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI GLS Wagon, 5 Spd, Sold-2002 Jetta Sedan auto, 2003 GLS Wagon auto project
Not my ad so I can't answer any questions about it. Thought someone might be interested.

gfnetadmin

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Passat
this one was close to home,, looked at it for a friend today,, inspection sticker dated 2013, wouldn't start even with a quick whiff of starting fluid, supply side turbo oil line blew, was replaced, but likely the reason it's been sitting since that time, looks like someone was poking around turbo afterwards, intake pipe was off the turbo, some empty nutshells under the hood, was offering new set of tires in the deal, they're dry rotted. driver's door handle broken, had to use a pair of plyers and pull the metal rod from the inside, some rust around the windshield,, was told owner spent $3000 on struts, shocks, brakes, injector nozzles. Non-sunroof car, but interior has been exposed to a lot of moisture, quite a bit of white mold inside, also could not open the rear tailgate. Owner mentioned someone driving up from Delaware, not sure if that would be anyone on the forum here.

Last edited:

gfnetadmin

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Passat
that was a strange one,, yes there's some rust under the driver's side passenger floor, I felt bad for the guy,, he had high hopes,, the more expensive Bilstein struts (yellow ones), brand new panzer plate sitting, VAG COM, fog lamps sitting in bubble wrap,, pile of old damp Mann filters. I normally pass on any CL ad where the pictures don't match the current season,, but curiosity got the best of me,, pictures in the ad are quite old, not only were they taken during the summer, brick driveway where the car sits has long since been replaced by pavement.

Last edited: