2000 Miles from SFO to Missoula

MrFahrenheit99

TDI
2003 Golf TDI 5 speed
Got a little restless last week and decided to venture up to Missoula for some camping and photos. Couldn't get enough of US-95 through Idaho as well as US-12 and US-13. Hit some big snow over Lolo Pass and had to chain up, and then Missoula got 8" overnight! Took a little while for the ol' tractor wagon to warm up when it was 0ºF but overall she had no issues. I managed 47.9 MPG. Probably my last big trip before I do the timing belt and get some much needed new tires and brakes.

Of all the things I've had to stop for in the roadway, I think "cattle drive" is a new one. Outside Jordan Valley, OR

Goose Lake, ID. Highly recommended!

Colgate Locks, ID in the Clearwater National Forest. Route US-95 just before the snow

30 minutes later, just over Lolo Pass, MT

8" overnight in Missoula, MT

I've learned that any car can double as a snow plow with enough momentum.

Last stop in Truckee, CA on the way home.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Even my friends in Montana were surprised at that amount of snowfall this early. Looks like you didn't sample the hot springs near New Meadows, ID. They're pretty nice. Hope your tires fared you well for the time in snowy MT.

MrFahrenheit99

TDI
2003 Golf TDI 5 speed
Even my friends in Montana were surprised at that amount of snowfall this early. Looks like you didn't sample the hot springs near New Meadows, ID. They're pretty nice. Hope your tires fared you well for the time in snowy MT.
I would love to dip into some hot springs, but the way the rest of Idaho is dealing with (ignoring) COVID guidelines, I'll save it for another time, haha. Tires held up great! Hopefully they get me through the winter here in CA :)

AlexNillson89

TDI
2015 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L TDI
You get such beautiful pictures, can you tell me what you are shooting with, is it a phone or is it a professional camera?