Center Caps on 2014 Jettawagen TDI

VirginiaMoo

TDI
2014 JettaWagen TDI
I recently purchased my 2nd TDI (1st one was 2013 Bug Convertible, but was taken in the recall). A few days after I got it back from the dealership after some warranty stuff was done, I noticed one of my center caps is missing. The next day I noticed another one was missing. Is there a way to keep these from just flying off while I'm driving? Is there a good place to purchase replacements? I'd prefer not to go to the dealership if I didn't have to. Thanks!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I bought Center caps for my then 2002 Jetta on eBay, dirt cheap. One way to keep them from flying off is to put double sided tape on the tabs such as carpet tape.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
I just bought two on e-bay that are made in China. I like to keep spares. They did not have the removal notches that you need for removal. I had to cut my own notches. I should have gone with OEM from idparts.

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
I bought a cheap set a few years ago that either faded or fell out within a year.
In my opinion, OEM center caps are the only way to go.