Recent content by Zoso

1. Z

I forgot about the 12/31/18 deadline...

It is a bummer but I have no one to blame but myself. I was putting it off so the replacement parts would last longer and just forgot about the deadline. It would have been nice if they sent a reminder email but giving away extra money isn't in their best interest. :mad: My plan was to wait...
  2. Z

I am the original owner of the car and had stage 1 done. Here is the email they sent me:
  3. Z

No excuse... just stupidity. I know I can still get stage 2 done on my 2015. Has anyone had any luck getting their remaining 1/3 settlement if they missed the deadline?
  4. Z

Rattle at low RPM in 2015 Passat TDI SEL

My 2015 TDI SEL had rattles coming from the dash trim that spans the width of the car and says "Fender" on it. It took a few trips to the dealer (when it was new) to sort that out.
  5. Z

Gen 3, Phase 2 Fix

I put 26K miles on car since I had the phase 1 fix (April 6, 2017). I had to use the Dieselgate warranty once due to an ad-blue pump failure in that timeframe. As far as I can tell, the restitution amount was set when I had phase 1 done. I got 2/3 of that amount after phase 1 was completed...
  6. Z

Gen 3, Phase 2 Fix

I got a notice that phase 2 is available for my 2015 TDI. A day later, my local VW called to set up an appointment to have it fixed. I deferred for the time-being. Evidently they replace the Diesel Particulate Filter, Diesel Oxidation Catalyst, and Selective Catalytic Reduction Converter in...
  7. Z

Driver interior door handle trim peeling

Same issue happening on my 2015 but on the passenger side. The cuts my son's fingers. Unfortunately my car has 40k on the clock and out of warranty.
  8. Z

Who has the most miles on their 2015 Passat TDI and how it holding up?

Nearing 36,000 miles on mine. Had ad-blue error once when it was very cold. It froze and needed to be reset. Had a dash creak that took several visits to get fixed. Had a strange whine from what I believe was the fuel pump when it was very cold. Haven't heard it since. Overall the car had...
  9. Z

Adding Lane Departure?

After rereading my post, I wasn't clear. It's not lane departure I want, it's blind spot warning.
  10. Z

Adding Lane Departure?

I've also been disappointed that the Passat was never available with newer technology like lane departure. I know VW wanted to keep a healthy divide between VW and Audi but I commonly see this feature on non-luxury cars such as Ford, Toyota, and Mazda. Has anyone retrofitted lane departure to...
  11. Z

Any threads or videos on 2015 10K service?

I'm at 19,600 miles and getting ready to service my 2015 Passat TDI myself for the first time. Are there any walkthroughs or videos for the 2015 MY Passat? I've seen several for 2014 and prior years. I understand there is an underbody panel that needs removal. Is the oil filter location...
  12. Z

New member: Tough time choosing between TDI & 1.8 TSI Sorry for the long post

I've have a 2014 TSI SE for the last three days while my 2015 TDI SEL is being serviced. I second this review. At first, I was very impressed with the TSI and questioned my choice in the TDI. On my way home from the dealer, I got low 40s MPG (mostly highway). I would have gotten low 50s in...
  13. Z

2015 Passat TDI SEL Dash Creak

Still not resolved. Visit 1-diagnose and order a new a pillar trim. Visit 2- install a pillar trim. Creak not fixed. Order fender bar trim. Visit 3- Install fender trim and mark the problem as resolved. The creaking is less but still there! It is suckin away the enjoyment of the car. I step...
  14. Z

traded in 13-tdiSEL for 15-tdiSEL

Add my 2015 to the list of cars that had this problem. My 2015 has had three issues so far: -Coolant level low because of a bad purge from the factory. -Ad Blue level low because the tank sensors froze when it was consistently -0F for a few days. Warmed it up, reset computer, couldn't...