Recent content by zortmo

1. Z

2006 Jetta TDI - 30 DTC errors - Where to start?

Dan, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Having established that, my thinking process on the Tahoe would be replace the battery (it's old and it's winter time). Next I would be looking at waveforms from the alternator, looking at that slightly high AC ripple. I would observe it at idle as...
  2. Z

Wow Dan, thanks! Going in my notes. The new alternator seems to have fixed the issue. It's been on the road for two days and it's all good so far. I re-scanned and only 1 significant error with auxiliary heater. I found a thread on fixing so that will happen soon. Apparently the old alternator...
  3. Z

Yes still old alternator. New one should be here today. Not near coast. Northeast GA. I have VCDS for my 99 and 01. I have OBDeleven for the 06. It allows me to monitor live data but a little harder to find. I have to know the correct field. Do you mean this...
  4. Z

Thanks for the info Dan. :) I need the bentley. My wife says no on the idle going up although she says it was kinda frantic as she was stuck in a busy intersection. It sounds like one of the load circuits is seeing high resistance and getting hot. I have a similar situation with my a4. I...
  5. Z

Thanks Dan. I don't have a Fluke which is a true RMS meter. My cheaper meter can only measure peaks. So it always reads around 30vac. I primarily tested ac ripple between B+ on the alternator and negative battery post, but I also looked between B+ and alternator body. I'll have a look across the...
  6. Z

I have an old analog oscilloscope that I decided to risk blowing up and hooked it up. It seemed to do fine. It doesn't give me actual values of peaks but I compared the trace on the TDI to my toyota truck. In comparison it looked to be "hunting around" and it had some random but distinct...
  7. Z

Thanks for the reply Dan. I can do everything but the ac ripple. I'm afraid to drive it to the local Autozone. I'll try to think of a solution.
  8. Z

Thanks jarhead! You were right. I'm back down to 4 or 5 errors. I drove the car and it seems to be shifting ok, BUT I still have the battery warning light displaying (this is where the original problem began). On the recent trip it would come on and go off for around 10 minutes. Now it's on...
  9. Z

I have new battery, checked grounds under battery box, alternator checks good, fuses inside and under hood check good. We got an intermittent battery light on a recent trip so I scanned and the only thing that looked related was the P1503. A couple of weeks later the car wouldn't go into gear at...
  10. Z

No boost - multiple short to ground dtc's

Firehawk, here's what I see on the schematic; Glow plug relay (switching side) power comes from hot side of fuse #34 N18, N75, N108 and N239 all get power from the fused side of fuse #34 So all 5 dtc's have fuse #34 in common. That fuse seems fine. I'll double check under load. N18, N75, N108...
  11. Z

Wonneber, I looked at the Bentley. The two wire connector on the voltage regulator, one wire (L) goes to the instrument light, the other goes to ecu (DFM). If and when the condition comes back I will test by unplugging that connector, clear dtc's and see if I see any change. I may also hook my...
  12. Z

So are you sticking a pin through the wire insulation to measure voltage drop with component plugged in? After reset and putting everything together the boost is back. I cleared dtc's and now only egr limit exceeded and glow plug heater circuit errors. All the short to ground faults are gone...
  13. Z

wonneber, please confirm I did the voltage drop test correctly. I unplugged N18, N75 and N239, turned the key-on and measured between battery negative and both sides of connector. Fuse #34 side of connector (yel/blk) was 12v on all. N18 and N75 both showed around 3.25v on computer side of...
  14. Z

Bentley shows #34 as 10 amp. May I ask where you see frayed wires? Wonneber thanks for the suggestion for voltage drop test. Will do. I believe the scan results to be true as I have Vagcom and OBDEleven. #34 fuse is good and I cleaned #608 ground point for ecu per bentley.
  15. Z

2001 TDI ALH manual Anybody seen this before? I cleaned the ECU connectors with deoxit and the boost came back for a few days then stopped working. Trouble codes: P1441 - EGR vacuum regulator solenoid valve Open circuit/short circuit to ground Intermittent P1619 -...