Recent content by zoomydu

1. Z

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

We just had an outstanding experience with our buyback. Took just a couple minutes and the gal who handled it was super friendly, fast, professional, knowledgeable and seems to be having fun in this position. She's had some interesting stories, from the sound of things. If she didn't have...
  2. Z

Mazda HCCI

I'm definitely intrigued. We'll likely be buying a 3 GT in the next 6 months...part of me wants to hold out for this, but waiting until it's been out 4-5 years will help guarantee that early adopter kinks are already worked-out. And maybe they'll have it in the 6, by then...perhaps in a wagon...
  3. Z

Mazda 3 Hatchback

I don't recall exact #s and our current Mazda 3 is 11 years old, but it was a pretty significant decrease, IIRC. Enough that it cost less to haul our tandem inside my DH's 6cyl Rav4 than it did to haul it on the roof of my Mazda.
  4. Z

2 unique salvage/rebuilt TDI situations

That's weird...they wanted that proof of sale thing before they even approved all of my docs. My buyback date will be 2/21.
  5. Z

Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

Huh...I knew about the penalties for going over allotted mileage, but there's potential of bonus for staying under? We've hardly driven our 2010 JSW in probably 3 months, since it's developed some gradually worsening mechanical issues that we're not about to invest in fixing. We're driving it...
  6. Z

EFT Question

OK. For some reason I thought people already had all of their bank info. set up before bringing the cars back to the dealer.
  7. Z

EFT Question

Ahhh...so we set up the EFT thing AFTER we turn the cars in? For some reason I thought somewhere in the portal process that it said something about expecting an email with instructions to set up the EFT shortly after scheduling the return. So I've been keeping my eyes open for said email, but...
  8. Z

Totaled car documents?

All the standard documents, but VW also needed a copy of our bill-of-sale.
  9. Z

Totaled car documents?

I can beat this. We bought our JSW from my MIL right around the time that Dieselgate news broke (we'd verbally agreed to buy it from her before news broke, but didn't transfer the title over until after...mostly because she was still waiting for acquisition of her new vehicle). She had bought...
  10. Z

Rebuilt and salvage Buy backs?

Docs uploaded - 9/23/16 Offer - 12/30/16 Offer notarized & uploaded - 1/3/17 Available to sched. return - 1/3/17 (2 hours after upload of notarized docs) Buy Back - 2/21/17 (earliest date was 2/14, but no good time for us)
  11. Z

Timeline after offer is notarized?

I had a mere 2 hour wait after uploading my notarized doc until acceptance...but 6 full weeks wait to the earliest available return date. There were no remaining times that day that worked for us, so we'll still have ours for 7 more weeks, which kinda sucks, since we're not really driving it...
  12. Z

Isn't this a "stealership" no-no?

Wow, that seems like a good way to totally destroy any goodwill from current or potential customers.
  13. Z

Mazda 3 Hatchback

We already have an '06 Touring hatch...and will probably pass that off to the nearly 16 year old and mama will get a shiny new 3 GT. Both manual. He can learn the essentials of driving on dad's auto Rav4, then master it on his own manual. Even though they're becoming increasingly rare, I...
  14. Z

Also, since when can we contact buyback ambassadors directly to have questions answered? Wow, that would have been nice!
  15. Z

So, 12 hours after we uploaded the notarized buyback document to VW and scheduled the return of our vehicle (a mere 2 hours later!) at a different dealership I get this. Pretty sleazy and I suspect VW sold my email (which they claim right on the web portal during one of the last steps that they...