Recent content by Zak3

1. Z

GTB2060VKLR Boost Pipe

Reclock turbo housing, then use a silicone hose
  2. Z

Steering rack on my Audi TT -> TDI conversion has failed -

Generally in TT the rack is very short about 2,5 turns end to end. On standard Golf rack it’s about 3,5 turns end to end. If you have a sport rack try to repair as they are difficult to find
  3. Z

2004 Golf TDI - Turning signal not working

It’s the hazard switch failure that cause this.
  4. Z

PD150 lumpy start up

Try to check the tandem pump for leakage, also a worn tandem pump can cause injection problem.
  5. Z

//// need new cv joints / axles ////

I have cars since 20years ago, and repair them myself, I also repair friends and family cars. Aftermarket Cv joints lasts approximatively 5 years then begins to show signs of wear depending on usage and road quality. For city and low quality roads, less than 5 years, for highway good roads...
  6. Z

//// need new cv joints / axles ////

I already used aftermarket ones and they seem pretty good (surely not as though as the oem ones) but will last approx 5 years if The main reason for premature failures are : - lack of verification for leakage (I do it every oil change) - using incorrect amount of grease If you go with...
  7. Z

Sdi pd camshaft into TDI PD

I think it’s the same camshaft for all 4cyl PD engines !
  8. Z

Heading to Europe soon, what should I look for ALH upgrades?

You can also get these parts from ARL engine : Oil cooler (bigger) Intake pipe (aluminium) Airbox + Maf (bigger)
  9. Z

Replaced Heater Core now no start

I bet it’s missing earth points like oilhammer and trgreen says
  10. Z

getting engine to fire asap after cylinder head/cam replaced 04'BEW

Use a handheld vacuum pump and plug it in the return line of tandem pump. Once you get fuel from return line, it means that the head and injectors are full of fuel.
  11. Z

PD150 ARL Engine, smoke/shuddering on start.

It can be a faulty injector or faulty injectors loom.
  12. Z

EDC16 Injection Durations(Passat 2007 1.9TDI 105

AFAIK There’s no need to modify duration for a stage 1. Remember, more fuel needs more air.
  13. Z

Car Memory Saver Advice

There’s no need for any memory saver on tdi. Here’s the things that you need to readjust after a battery replacement : - date and time - radio code (only for cars without canbus) - reactivate comfort Windows. All others parameters will not be lost.
  14. Z

ARL boost logging

I think that you are requesting too much pressure from turbo, with 1,8 bar it will blow up. Try getting tools to backup your actual ECU software then flash back OEM software.
  15. Z

2010 Jetta - No Horm or Alarm chirp

If the horn sounds weird is that the horn is dead, you’ll need to change it. By the way, the alarm uses the horn to chirp.