Recent content by ytk

1. Y

Another play in shock assembly thread

Some times when I dont have time do things myself I give it to a mechanic. This time I needed to make sure every thing is OK before the yearly mandatory checkup. Gave it to the mechanic he discovered some play up and down in the shock assembly ,replaced the mount and bearing and also improvised...
  2. Y

01268 - Quantity Adjuster fault

Hi, Trying to help a friend. His car has some engine running issues, sometimes it wont start, sometimes it will die in the middle of the highway and sometimes it wont rev up and have some hesitation to it. His glowplug light was flashing so I told him he should scan and we might get smarter...
  3. Y

IP shaft oil seal keeps leaking 96 VW Taro

This Taro Is an identical twin to Toyota hilux i those years. I dont have any pressure feed system to the pump , do you think it could be because increased internal pressure? the pump is adjusted a bit more advanced than spec and the plunger stroke is increased.
  4. Y

IP shaft oil seal keeps leaking 96 VW Taro

I am dealing with a frustrating issue for a couple of years now. I had an IP which was leaking fuel from the seal , replaced it a few times(the seal) ,tried it with a sleeve once but it would always go back to leaking after about 10k miles Replaced it for a used IP which didn't seem to have...
  5. Y

Abs pump gone bad after brake line replacement?

Appreciate your input . Brake fluid is a few month old, I replace it every couple of years the proper way using the software to cycle the pump so I dont think it was neglected , I do most maintenance myself but this time was loaded with work and sent wife to the mechanic as i noticed a crack in...
  6. Y

Abs pump gone bad after brake line replacement?

Hi all. I had my front brake lines replaced in a shop, dont know how they bled the system or if they used any software to run the pump while bleeding. A few days later the abs light comes one, is it coincidental? Scanning for codes I got: 01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64) 16-00 -...
  7. Y

Metallic squeaking/grinding for inner CV joint?(video included)

Ouch!!:eek: Thanks for these photos. So the transmission should go off for closer inspection? Will thicker oil/oil additive help extend the life of it? Thanks
  8. Y

Thanks for the Input. By catastrophic you mean to the transmission or possibly to the engine? So the transmission should be rebuild or there is some kind of on car cure or fix? So I guess it has nothing to do with the squeaking I hear from the suspension? Thanks
  9. Y

Rotated both tires and it sounds the same:(. So the transmission probably?:eek: What can be done besides pulling off the gear box? Is it unavoidable?
  10. Y

Hi , recently we started noticing a metallic sound mainly when the suspension is working on bumpers or potholes. When car was up today i was looking around and noticed the noise coming from the cv joint on the differential side or the differential itself? Couldn't really tell which side it is...
  11. Y

A bit of play after replacing rear bearings, is it normal?

Thanks everyone, will have to check again and update
  12. Y

A bit of play after replacing rear bearings, is it normal?

Hi, Replaced my rear roller bearings today , after replacing them went for a short drive and when I checked again they both had a bit of play that wasn't there just after replacement. I believe I did every thing correctly , race replacement , properly packing them, only tightening the bolt...
  13. Y

Glow plugs last a year and die

So at least we have a sacrificial glow plug and not piston;)
  14. Y

Thanks guys , it does explain this erosion but why would they all go at once? Is it possible that the first one to go somehow causes the others to follow? In any case I will have the Injectors serviced...
  15. Y

Hi, car is an older 96 VW Taro it has an IDI engine. About every 30K miles all the glow plugs die at once, one morning it starts up perfectly and the other they are all dead and it takes a lot of cranks to start. This has been the case for the last few years, all the glow system components...