Recent content by Yetii

1. Y

4-Motion B5.5 TDI, Who's done it and how did you do it?

They closing business? Wow I just looked on their Facebook page. He sold his inventory to a guy is MASS. I’ve never heard of this guy and can’t find him on the forums. Same with the guy he sold his inventory to. I wonder who his supplier was…
  2. Y

Korwerks has the Conversion kit. It’s a 5 speed awd conversion kit. KIT Personally my experience with Frans was great. Also by korwerks photos, the items I received from Frans were much cleaner and in better condition. Plus he provided a new clutch and not a used one. Comparing their 5speed...
  3. Y

I know Frans from dutchautoparts could source you the parts for the swap. I know he told me when I did my 5speed conversation that the transmissions were becoming harder to come by. It took him a month to get my tranny. I just recently been put onto korwerks llc in NY. They seem to have the...
  4. Y

Sourcing axles for manual swap

Sorry for late reply. I honestly forgot until you tagged me. Yes 1.8t *MANUAL* axles will work. I think only Passat specific Left (passenger side): 8D0407271BB Right (driver side): 8D0407272BB Part number for inner CV joint kit is 3B0498103BX Outer: 3B0498099E Make sure to replace the 12x...
  5. Y

Passat fun

Just seeing this thread for the first time and nice work. Sad to see that damage to such a beautiful car.
  6. Y

Sourcing axles for manual swap

Have you tried contacting Frans to see if he can get you new or used OE inner replacements? Only inner CV joint replacements I can find are made by Dansk. Not sure of country of origin or quality but I don’t think they are OE as GKN makes the OE outer CV joint. If you have solid axles your best...
  7. Y

Help select clutch BHW FHN

I would love to use my short throw shifter that I bought almost 4 months ago and still haven’t gotten due to back order. Which when buying directly through jhm it never said on the webpage or checkout that it was back ordered. It was marked as in stock. I was notified a day after my order was...
  8. Y

Help select clutch BHW FHN

I would like to add that I am about 1200 miles on my clutch setup and so far so smooth. It grabs nice and the pedal feels very light. When I bled the clutch line I thought I did it wrong considering how low the clutch engaged. Well after breaking in the clutch it feels fantastic and same with...
  9. Y

Oil Pan help.

So being forgetful that we share the same platform as the Audi I took a look at the AWX oil pan and sure enough it’s what I’m looking for. Not only that but it looks exactly like a 1.8t pan but with a built in block off for the turbo oil return line and the opening for the oil sensor. It’s ment...
  10. B8FAC007-8951-41CB-97F0-CC2605D84CF7.jpeg

B8FAC007-8951-41CB-97F0-CC2605D84CF7.jpeg

AWX oil pan
  11. Y

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

What’s the difference in cost between local VW dealer and online?
  12. Y

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

I have zero experience with what the car felt like brand new off the lot. That seems like more of a question for oilhammer. I have zero experience with cheap aftermarket solid mounts. Since I technically put in oem and oe replacements according to FCP for all the mounts besides the snub mount I...
  13. Y

Oil Pan help.

Ok I believe that’s the turbo oil return hole for the 1.8t. No sensor plugs into there. Ok I’ll make a block plate, Unless there is a oem tdi pan with the oil sensor so I don’t have to machine out my pan. I’ll be on the look out.
  14. Y

BHW Engine Mount Dilemma

1000 miles. Time will tell if they last. (FCPeuro offers lifetime warranty so I’m not worried if I need to replace as it will be free and it’s not to hard.) I was to understand that the “fluid filled” hydraulic engine mounts were a must for the TDi. I believe the other variants (1.8t v6) use a...
  15. Y

Oil Pan help.

So after doing all the work I’ve done, I’ve got the slowest drip coming from the front passenger side of the oil pan. I hate that gasket sealant stuff. Every car I’ve own or my father has own that has one of these “gasket maker” oil pan gaskets its always trouble and trial and error to get it to...