Recent content by YanCT

1. YanCT

Engine rattling at low rpm under load // air in fuel ?

Little update : If I unplug my fuel press sensor wire, The rattle noise goes away.... totally ! Yes the car goes in limp mode (limited to 3000rpms and reduced power above 1500rpms), but the rattle noise is definitely gone. Idle gets noisier (more rattle) but still stable and smooth. As soon...
  2. YanCT

Engine rattling at low rpm under load // air in fuel ?

Hello all ! The car is a VW Golf MK7 2013 CR 1.6 TDI 105 engine code CLHA mileage 190 000kms No oil consumption. No coolant consumption. Compressions are as they should. It looks like I’m having a fuel leak somewhere, it’s like air is getting inside the system. Engine is ratling at low...
  3. YanCT

1.6 TDI & Clutch Torque limit for 5-gear manual transmition

Your EA288 TDI CXXB can easily handle it. Your transmission too. My engine code is CLHA (105hp-250nm stock) EA288 CR on a 2013 Golf MK7. My Transmission code is MWW (5 speeds manual). Stock power was 103hp and 245nm // Now power is 207hp @ 4245 rpm and 420nm of torque. I'm still on stock...
  4. YanCT

CR190 GTD1449vz charge actuator adjustment?

😅🤣😅 I was thinking the contrary way !!!! In fact I was not visualing the real and true path of the gaz... Iwas convinced the gaz were coming "on" the turbine and not from the inside of the house... Thx a lot for this !!! Now I understand :)
  5. YanCT

Just to put schemas on my writes : - Duty cycle 100% --> vanes open --> catching maximum exhaust to turbine - Duty cycle 0% --> vanes closed ---> catching less possible exhaust to turbine
  6. open.jpeg

open.jpeg

7. closed.jpeg

closed.jpeg

8. YanCT

Hello @altz1, I'm really sorry to keep asking you about it but it's a mess in my head. I have few problems to understand some of your explanations and I'm not sure we talk the same way. For me, when duty cycle is 100%, vacuum is 100%, the metal rod is fully retracted in the capsule ---> vanes...
  9. YanCT

Anyway I realised my actuator is not the good one for this turbo. The length of the shank is shorter than it would be. Then… when duty cycle is 90% or 100% or 20% for example… (which is too much anyway as you say) in fact the vanes are still too open than they should. It’s also why I have this...
  10. YanCT

Or maybe have I an exhaust flow restriction due to my exhaust line after the downpipe ? My downpipe itself is quite big diameter (3") but the rest of the exhaust line is full stock from end of downpipe to exhaust tails (with the original muffler). There is a precise point on the line where I can...
  11. YanCT

Ok then I'll have a talk with my tuner... And ask him to reactivate those sensors on my ecu. (they are physically here but ecu doesn't read them anymore). For example nothing happens if I disconnect the lambda sensor... no fault code, no lumpy mode, nothing and I still get random values in VCDS...
  12. YanCT

I had a closer look to my logs and in fact the requested manifold pressure is 2700hpa ---> 2.7 bars absolute --> 1.7 bar boost. What do you mean by emp gauge ?I suppose it means Exhaust Manifold pressure ? I do not... DPF and catalyst has been removed then I do not have anymore any sensor after...
  13. N75 DUTY CYCLE.JPG

N75 DUTY CYCLE.JPG

14. YanCT

Yes. It’s 1.8 bars boost. In absolute I read 2.8 bars but anyways VCDS talks in absolute (2800hpa—> 2.8bars —> 1.8 bar of boost. GTD1449vz runs up to 2.5bars (3.5) without any issue on many tuned 1.6 and 2.0L TDI CR all over the world. My question was not regarding Max pressure but what rpms am...
  15. YanCT

2.0TDI CR Smokes excessively

EA189 family do have significant prematurely injection failures on both injectors and hpfp. All your symptom ARE CLEARLY indicating a leaking injector : Blue/grey smoke // Turbo spooling on idle // Idle above average // And the oil level getting up to 7Litres when you got it... The oil level...