Recent content by wyrosjr

1. W

Waiting for one month after documents approved!

Thanks to those of you who responded about having waited even longer, gives me a feeling of solidarity. Having owned multiple volkswagens and been a fan for a long time. All that is over, I can definitively now state that I will never touch a VW with a ten foot pole.
  2. W

Waiting for one month after documents approved!

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have been waiting over one month for my offer since having my documents approved back on 11/17.
  3. W

Passat Replacement based cabin size?

I test drove a multitude of cars to find the best one. While driving the BMW 5 I remarked that it seemed to have a smaller interior than that of the Passat. The salesmen tried to argue the point but I let it go. Of all the cars I drove, the Mazda 6 with manual transmission came out on top. It is...
  4. W

Will you turn in your tuned CR if VW offers buybacks?

I bet VW hopes to recoup some of the money given for buybacks through selling new gas cars to people. Will be interesting to see what kind of marketing they come up with to us.
  5. W

Heat Only on Driver Side - clogged heater core

Changed my coolant with only 30,000 miles. The coolant was actually acidic already, the color was off and precipitates had started forming. Something is definitely wrong here. Some are saying excess flux in the heater core but I get the feeling that no one really knows. Could also be this new...
  6. W

Coolant Question

Alright, I have found some OAT extended life antifreeze from zerex. It's called zerex extended life and specifically mentions diesel use. link is here: http://www.valvoline.com/our-products/antifreeze-products/zerex-extended-life-antifreeze Based on my research, the PH is much higher for this...
  7. W

Coolant Question

I've heard those stories too, so I investigated. Turns out it involves a substance that they no longer put in the dexcool but was in early formulations. I will only be be buying the dexcool clones anyway. If I am to change the coolant frequently, might as well be cheaper. The PH for dexcool is...
  8. W

Coolant Question

I just did a PH test on my 2013 passat. It was way off and between 6/7. The color was weak. I don't have any heater core failure symptoms yet. Based on my research so far, it looks like dexcool is the most compatible cheaper alternative. I'm going with it.
  9. W

Coolant Question

Since it's quite clear that our coolant is not going to be able to go "long life" in this car. Is there a suitable and cheaper alternative to G13? Maybe even the green stuff?
  10. W

Survey on Dieselgate and TDIClub

Did it
  11. W

2 stroke oil in your diesel = smiles?

I have researched across the internet about this subject. So far the most authoritative source I have found is an oil tribologist and chemist who goes by Molakule on bobistheoilguy. It is his opinion that the 2 stroke in the diesel will not cause harm and likely provides some upper cylinder...
  12. W

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Never have I been more than mildly perturbed about this situation but that is changing. If Volkswagen thinks it can give me some poorly constructed hack of a retrofit that will cause my vehicle to have poor fuel economy and other issues down the road, they can kiss my rear. I've stuck with them...
  13. W

23N5 software update thread to address turbo failures

My average fuel economy is lower after this update. Although I did have an additional problem that was repaired at the same time. There is a small possibility it's related to that.
  14. W

Anyone motivated now to debadge thier TDI?

The only thing that would make me consider debadging my car is the possibility of someone vandalizing it. This would only be done by some nutcase treehugger, we just don't have many of those here in Alabama. So my vote is a definite no to debadging.
  15. W

VW left me hanging....again. One and Done on VW

Also, VW has demonstrated this poor attitude consistently, only accepting responsibility after there is little other option. Ie, turbo, clockspring, exhaust flapper. They aren't alone in this, Chrysler is much worse. The attitudes of many these carmakers' has even caught the feds attention. The...