Recent content by wookieneck

1. W

Winter GTG feeler

Set of Monte Carlos. They were road rashed pretty bad, so I sent them to wheel medic in columbus and they straightened and refinished them in a solid gunmetal color. SO they are basically brand new with one slight issue...Apparently the little hex bolts are plastic and they were kinda deformed...
  2. W

Winter GTG feeler

tempting. If for no other reason to bring up some wheels to sell/trade. I need room in the garage more than I need 4 sets of 5x100's
  3. W

3rd Fuel Temp sensor

Nothing worse than a chaffing, especially in this weather! I will try to trace it out this evening. I didnt see anything at a glance but then this is the wife's car and she drives it a TON, so I cant have the hood up too long! any pins I could check with the DMM to see if there are hidden issues?
  4. W

3rd Fuel Temp sensor

Keep getting a fuel temp sensor short to ground code. I have replaced the sensor twice and cleared the code. Its clear for about 3 days then it comes back. The car runs fine, but I am sick and freaking tired of having a CEL on. any thoughts?
  5. W

"Rocketchip" Performance Tuning Event November 14, 2009 @ 8AM Central Ohio

speaking of DP's I know eyeguy was going to try to come up and talk about custom exhaust...
  6. W

Need a local TDI guru. Dayon, OH.

im 20 minutes south of Dayton and no guru by any stretch but feel free to yell if I can help out. I just finished my first intake cleaning and VNT actuator replacement. (and just swapped out a hosed AWP in my Mk4 1.8 but that doesnt really count) :) I was thinking of hitting up Growler for...
  7. W

"Rocketchip" Performance Tuning Event November 14, 2009 @ 8AM Central Ohio

Got my Golf RC'ed at Whitbreads last month, and the Father in law is now a believer. He is demanding that I have his jetta wagon done :) So I will be there. Any parts people going to be there selling anything that I dont need but would like to have?
  8. W

WTB - OEM Jetta front valence

Looking for the stock valence for a MKIV jetta. Ideally if someone in ohio has it that I can just stop by and pick it up that week....
  9. W

NW Ohio Fall GTG

check your email. You cant attach pics without hosting them from somewhere and Im too lazy to go through that mess.
  10. W

NW Ohio Fall GTG

I have a few, as soon as I get a chance to upload I will try to post them.
  11. W

NW Ohio Fall GTG

did you end up replacing that turbo? im sure Jen "loraine" enjoyed that. I was thinking of trying to find someone with the stocker laying around so I could plug and play rather than having mine off for hours/days trying to clean the VNT up.
  12. W

NW Ohio Fall GTG

Im at the BV too. I have to run up to michigan friday and I should be back down to the hotel by dinner time. Wanna hook up for beer, I mean food?
  13. W

NW Ohio Fall GTG

This is the wife's DD so probably just the tune then. She doesnt need anything crazy, and im still in a 1.8t looking around for a tdi to call my own and get silly with the mods.
  14. W

NW Ohio Fall GTG

Sweet. Now would you recommend injectors before a tune. (my golf is bone stock)
  15. W

NW Ohio Fall GTG

Okay im in. So does Jeff take plastic, paypal or just cash? Speaking of, how much can you expect to pay for the average tune.