Recent content by wonneber

1. W

Used Cam Journal Caps, ALH

The caps are machined on the head. If the doner caps are slightly different the cam could be loose or tight. You may get away with it or not. Maybe try the cam with the new caps and crush strips to check for clearance, also for the cam turning when lightly lubed. Franko may add to this, he's way...
  2. W

ALH Low Oil Pressure at Operating Temperature

Mystic oil?? Can you post the API ratings on the jug?
  3. W

Brake Issues

Curious, was it a local auto parts booster?? Glad you posted the solution. It may help someone down the line. BTW, not involving this post, someone asked about the member number I referenced a while back. Its above here.
  4. W

rear spring replacement - rear axle drop?

Manure happens?? :( Maybe someone knows, if the shocks are totally shot, no resistance pressing them up or down could that cause the springs to brake??
  5. W

Confusing 8.3 v AC compressor issue

Unless you can see metal (brass or coper in the holes) I don't see any grounding there. Follow the link Brett San Diego posted above. Last thought, with the car not running check how much pressure there is on both high and low pressure lines. They should be equal and at least 30 PSI (iIrc). The...
  6. W

VW TDI MK4 Manual transmission issue

I had a 4 track player MANY years ago. The sound left something to be desired. :(
  7. W

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Are you referring to the post number or how close to your member number ??? I didn't know there was that many users over the years. 😀
  8. W

Air lift so you can change height as you mood swings? Hmmmm Now I'm thinking about it. :unsure:
  9. W

How to replace your MkIV's front wheel bearings

OUCH!! That had to hurt. I was using a dremel to cut a wheel bearing off and a piece broke off and scratched my face shield. Proper safety equipment is important including ear protection.
  10. W

Lapping - new cylinder head

It may cost a bit but I would let a machinist with the correct equipment cut the seats and the new (unused) valves. You will know it's OK to use. I also replaced the springs with all new when I was going that far. Last, I was told never cut used exhaust valves if they are sodium filled. I had...
  11. W

Their the coldest part on a man. Their always two below. :p
  12. W

I installed the heavier ones from ID Parts on my 03 JSW. Easiest and quickest upgrade I ever did. Well worth it. Sprayed some WD on the arms also.
  13. W

How do you know you had a brain fart if you don't smell anything?? :giggle:
  14. W

2002 Golf - I'm back in a TDI!

I think the Fluke has a fuse inside it to protect itself from to high amperage readings. At least I think mine does.
  15. W

ALH air in fuel lines after sitting overnight

I had the same bubble. I think it's normal.