Recent content by wkobe

1. W

Loosing vacuum

I put a piece of rubber vacuum hose between the brake booster and the check valve already the vacuum pulses in that area when I connect to the nipple on the check valve but I assume that is because there’s no Reservoir to dampen it at that point
  2. W

Loosing vacuum

Ok it a load downstream somewhere because I had 25 plus at the tee near brake booster with everything disconnected from the system
  3. W

Loosing vacuum

Thanks will do later today
  4. W

Loosing vacuum

There is a vacuum chamber reservoir on the front of the engine between the engine and radiator cooling fans. It’s a ball. I’m pulling the hose off of there that goes back to the system and testing from there and that’s where I am reading 10 inches of vacuum.
  5. W

Loosing vacuum

Having a hard time finding leaks but if I hook directly to vac pump I have over 25in but only 12 if I hook to line to vacuum chamber
  6. W

Loosing vacuum

OK thank you I think I’ve been battling this for a while and didn’t know it because on the highway I could feel the car start slowing down unless I hit the Excelerator pedal and then it would take back off whatever the issue is finally came to a head
  7. W

Loosing vacuum

I just fixed it whether I broke it or it was broke not sure next step will be to pull line off vac pump it the one that goes to brake booster that I would test at correct?
  8. W

Loosing vacuum

What unit of measure are you using I thought 26 inches was a perfect vacuum?
  9. W

Loosing vacuum

I have 10 inches of vacuum at idle and 12 when reving up is that good
  10. W

Loosing vacuum

04 bew I started feeling hard brake pedal randomly then I started to loose boost. I hooked smoke machine to the small line that goes to from vacuum reservoir found no leaks where’s a good spot to hook up a vacuum gauge to verify tandom pump is working ? Thanks wayne
  11. W

04 ac stopped working

I can’t check duty cycle of pressure switch but I get a pulse in my test light at the compressor every 3 to 5 seconds I have vcds lite is there anything I can Check with that?
  12. W

04 ac stopped working

Ac was working fine to not working. Thought it was a simple repair have bad fan replaced it then still not working so i looked a little im getting a pulse that flashes my test light at the compressor about every 4 seconds so I that the control unit under battery went bad but still no ac...
  13. W

04 bew loosing speed

Seems to happen more as ambient temperature is warmer. Didn’t happen once this morning when temps were at about 35
  14. W

04 bew loosing speed

I’m loosing boost when on cruise control car will slow down and I can watch boost drop off while using cruise control but if I tap the accelerator it will come right back then it repeats. Haven’t noticed if it will do it if im just driving using the accelerator pedal in stead of CC
  15. W

No power

Ok I don’t have vcds but my scan tool says p0299 low boost when this happens but it only happens in cold weather 20 f or less