Recent content by windyhill

1. W

Wrecked 2015 Golf S TDI 6 speed, Need Help with parts ID etc.

Hey all, been out of the TDI world for a while. My brothers 2015 Golf got hit last week, right in the pass. side wheel. I'm looking for parts but don't know what years to look at. Parts I need: Right fender Right door, ( actually operates fine, outer skin is just damaged) Bumper cover...
  2. W

Extra metal bushing after steering rack job??

I tried posting a pic. It showed up in the first post on my computer?
  3. W

Any ideas? The one steering rack bolt is longer then the others by about 7/8” but I can’t figure out what the bushing would be for I’d it was for that.
  4. W

My son helped pull out my steering rack, (I wasn’t there,) we have an extra metal spacer / bushing 7/8” long with 1/4” hole in it?? Not sure where it goes. Any ideas?
  5. W

No start fuel issue

ahh forgot about the pesky 109 relay, Ill try that. When I have a min I'll jumper to the shut off as well. thanks.
  6. W

No start fuel issue

I put a meter on the fuel shutoff solenoid I got a momentary 11 volts then 9 and then 0 as I crank. I'm assuming it should be full 12v here?
  7. W

No start fuel issue

Timing belt is fine and replaced 15k ago. Ran great the day before. Wouldn't start next morning. I cracked injector nut and cranked engine. No fuel. Then i closed it and removed fuel filter and replaced it. I did dump some fuel in it and replaced o rings on plastic T. I have a tune and...
  8. W

No start fuel issue

My 03 Jetta wont start this morning just cranks. It ran fine yesterday. I cracked the fuel injector line and don't get any fuel. I went ahead and replaced the fuel filer as well since I've never done it since I owned the car. I don't seam to be getting any fuel. Any ideas?
  9. W

Found Spring Under Passenger Seat?

just threw mine out last week when I found it!
  10. W

Factory Match Gauges?

I'm happy with my new south gauge, I mounted it in 42draft designs pod. Slick setup, color is spot on! http://42draftdesigns.com/vw-mk4-a-pillar-gauge-pod/
  11. W

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Just finished the heater core?
  12. W

coolant loss on 03 TDI can't find leak

Ok so I took the time and replaced my heater core which had been bypassed since the summer. Fun times.:eek: So back to my leak. I do seam to have a noticeable leak now. Actually get a sizable wet spot on the driveway sometimes,(about12" circle?) I pulled my Aluminum pan and there are white...
  13. W

Heater core, few questions and what else should I do?

yep there going to pull a vac on it then recharge. Well I got it all back together! everything seams to work except the temp gauge? gotta let it really warm up to tell. Also changed temp sensor at the same time.