Windex's latest activity

• Windex
    Windex replied to the thread best b4 modification?.
    I don't own it any more, but the #1 improvement on my B4V (now ownedby @Abacus), is changing the shifter linkage over to the later mk4...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread where is the TCM.
    Under the front passenger side carpet, just in front of the seat. Unfortunately common for that space to fill with water from...
  • Windex
    Best of luck. Hard to find good working GMRs these days. Decent number of these cars in the bone yards, but the reason is usually a...
  • Windex
    Warming oil fully is always a good idea. Perpetually colder oil can trap moisture and be detrimental to engine longevity. Frost...
  • Windex
    Oil on PD cams is a contentious subject - lots of opinions. Only way to tell sure if there is cam damage is to inspect the cam...
  • Windex
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Appleton,+ME+04862,+USA/Harbor+Freight+Tools,+265+Camden+St,+Rockland,+ME+04841,+United+States/@44.208565...
  • Windex
    Step one: buy cheap stethoscope Step two: take off top TB cover and use stethoscope to determine source of noise Step three: profit
  • Windex
    Or get a cheap stethoscope from harbor freight and use it to determine which component is making the noise
  • Windex
    Has anyone ordered, received and installed PD injectors from them?
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread 99.5 TDI tuning options?.
    Having owned one of these, they tune with changing physical chips on the circuit board as opposed to flashing through the ALDL port...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread PD OIL EVIDENCE RECORD.
    Vehicle /year 2005 Passat Engine BHW 2.0 Mileage 625k km Original or New Camshaft Original Oil used Shell Rotella T6 since I bought...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread I moved east..
    Thanks - I managed to get both the balance shafts out from the front without the puller or yanking the transmission to beat them out...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread I moved east..
    Old timers thread... :) I've stupidly or smartly stuck with VW. Still have my passat wagon - now at 625,000km, kid has a 2008 rabbit...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Who uses a quickjack?.
    I have a QJ 7000TL - I like it. There are times where I will only use a regular floor jack and an axle stand, but for longer jobs, or...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Shell rottela?.
    Yes, while the cam in a BRM is slightly more aggressive than a BHW, I would still not hesitate to use T6 in a BRM PD