Windex's latest activity

• Windex
    Seller's description So much to list about this car. Tons of work done. Gets 30+mpg city. 40+mpg highway. The good, New tires New fuel...
  • Windex
    No wastegate on this turbo - it's variable vane (VNT). Have you checked the actuator for proper operation (start to move around 4" vac...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Cracked ALH Cam Cap.
    Not a published spec - need to send to an experienced machine shop and they can measure the bores - as above, Franko6 knows these heads...
  • Windex
    Any idea how the dealer "cleaned" the injectors? My guess is they poured something into the tank and called it a day. That's the...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Weird whine..
    If it were mine, I would take the belt off and see if the noise is still there, or if it goes away. If it goes away, one of your...
  • Windex
    Likely that your fuel IQ is in need of adjustment. The clutch wont drag per se when the transmission is in neutral, it is fully clamped...
  • Windex
    I've worked in trucking (specifically fixing them, in large fleets) for a long time. Long enough to remember the "smell" of the yard...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Antfreeze.
    Nothing long term, if you flush it out and refill with the proper coolant. - G12 or G13
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Boost gauge installation.
    Grommet where the main harness comes through on the driver's side
  • Windex
    There's a whole thread on what's needed for the 01E 6spd swap. The transmission is an EU only unit, as the B5 was never (stupidly)...
  • Windex
    I'm biased, so grain of salt. I would swap the auto out for a manual as I have done with my wagon. I went with a 6spd O1E, and if I...
  • Windex
    Follow that line back to the abs modulator and crack the line there to see if you get fluid. Something is acting as a check valve
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Weird ticking noise.
    You didn't like the answers in the other thread you started?
  • Windex
    Make sure the pads slide in the caliper bracket. If you suspect the flex line (vinces comment... I have also seen this, albeit rarely)...
  • Windex
    Windex replied to the thread Virgin 05.
    Nope. The 3 main Achilles heels on these cars: Balance shaft module/ oil pump drive chain and shaft. They fail and starve the...