Recent content by WinchesterTDI

1. W

Oil Capacity? 2011 Touareg 3.0 CATA TDI

Thanks again. I did Google, of course, and was rewarded with different responses for my search that included the correct 3.0 diesel motor.
  2. W

Thanks, that's what I'm finding often as well. The 3.0 CATA ran from 20?? - 2012? The CATA paired with the 8-speed was only 2011-2012, yes? Appreciate the forum!
  3. W

I have really searched and continue to come up with conflicting information.. ugh. And, the manual does not have oil capacity information! Crazy. Would you let me know what the oil capcaity - with filter change - is for the 2011 3.0 TDI CATA - Touareg?? Thanks!
  4. W

Soooo, I bought a new '16 Touareg TDI

approved emissions modification completed?? absolutely! i am considering a '15 or '16. Many dealerships write: "Buy with confidence...approved emissions modification completed". What exactly did VW modify to the emissions system? I'm certain the technical explanation may be overwhelming...
  5. W

MKVI model year differences? LED/Xenon headlight package?

2011 equipment ~ I found this information on the 2011MY. Still looking for 10/12/13/14 info. It looks like the Xenon Pkg (P83) and NAV Pkg (P71) were stand alone packages in 2011. Was the 'tech package' introduced in 2012? What year did the little LED lights appear in the headlights...
  6. W

I've never been a fan of factory NAV systems. I prefer GARMIN with lifetime maps and real time traffic, etc. Is the VW factory NAV a nice, intuitive system? Thank you.
  7. W

Hello all, I am considering a Mk6 Golf TDI and have a few questions...I know that I've come to the right place. I've read quite a few threads here and have searched as well. I still don't have a clear picture on the differences between model years (packages, MY changes). I think that I want...