Recent content by whizznbyu

1. W

Fuel Prices

Has anyone figured why diesel costs THAT much more now than any grade of gasoline? Prior to Putin's tantrum, the difference between diesel and SUL was just a few cents.
  2. W

Anybody track their 2015 TDI golf?

dieselgorl is your transmission manual?
  3. W

Design Flaw Leaks??

https://www.jimellisvwatlanta.com/certified/Volkswagen/2015-Volkswagen-Golf+Sportwagen-atlanta-d9deed620a0e09a9358a1791c2eda43c.htm What does "limited warranty" mean? How long does a "bumper to bumper" warranty last? Will insurance cover a $20,000 repair?
  4. W

Recommended clutch/flywheel

What does WOT stand for? Google shows me world of tanks. Pfft.
  5. W

Which Receiver Hitch for Bike Rack?

Whichever one you get add the option of wiring to trailer lights. You never know. I installed mine and this allowed me to pull a U Haul enclosed trailer.
  6. W

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

I've read from BITOG that Blackstne doesn't measure fuel dilution accurately. The only factor here that I can gather is the routine use of Stanadyne with every fill of my fuel tank.
  7. W

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Mk7 Sportwagen TDI DPF/DEF/EGR delete Malone 2 straightpipe with 62,900 miles. No other modifications. The only additive I put in the fuel tank is Stanadyne Diesel performance formula Sent my used oil Mobil Delvac Extreme 15W/40 to Blackstone with 5700 miles since oil change. Typical driving...
  8. W

Service campaign 34J7: replace gear shifter trim

Is this recall only for automatic transmissions?
  9. W

Service campaign 34J7: replace gear shifter trim

I bought my 2015 Mk7 used. Chatted with a VW of America rep. Mine is a 6 speed manual and she said there aren't any recalls for my car. Hmmmmm
  10. W

Venting in a MKVII

I routinely get about 600 per tank on highway and city driving like a senior citizen on the right lane
  11. W

Venting in a MKVII

I cannot remember where I read it but letting the fuel tank run down to near "0" miles SUPPOSEDLY is not good for the lift pump. I guess the pump has to work extra hard to bring the fuel to the front?
  12. W

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Just looked into the Braille brand and saw a G30 for much more. Is "bigger better"?
  13. W

A "What's it Worth" Thread

$43,000 with under 200 or so miles. 6 speed manual, Incredible.
  14. W

CP3 pump install - it’s installed

Searched. Most are refurbished. Different tolerances after refurb? Any place that sells an entire pump brand new? Saw few vendors selling a "core". If there is a "core" is there a "shell" or "housing"?
  15. W

CP3 pump install - it’s installed

What is/are the advantage(s) of the swap?