Recent content by whiterabbit7

1. W

Help. Stuck 10hrs from home! Lost turbo?

Think I've got it figured out. Almost home. Thanks for your help guys.
  2. W

It's emitting a little bit of black smoke, is that ok? Probably just an inefficient burn without the turbo working correctly. It's not "just" in limp mode. While accelerating we heard a loud pfft'd and lost power. Now the turbo sounds like it works fine, I can hear it louder than ever but...
  3. W

The turbo is working. I can hear it whistle, but I have no boost or almost no boost. I got back on the road and I can get up to speed but any hill slows me down. I'm trying not to move my foot on the pedal so I'm not working the turbo to hard so hopefully the turbo will make it home. I was...
  4. W

I think I've lost my boost. Car still drives. In Minneapolis. If you think you can help in any way please call 417-438-2887. If there's something I can do I'll try if someone can walk me through it or if there is a mechanic that can meet me. My very pregnant wife and our 1 1/2 year old are...
  5. W

Help Lost boost 10 hours from home stuck in MN

I think I've lost my boost pressure in Minneapolis. Call if you think you can help. 417-438-2887. My wife and 1 1/2 daughter are driving home to Joplin today. I was told by someone it might be fine to drive but will be gutless. I don't know where to look if there is something loose, nor do I...
  6. W

$3500 2000 Golf GLS Joplin, MO

Ok, I'll be posting this on other websites when I get a minute tonight maybe. I just wanted to give my fellow TDIers here first chance.
  7. W

Yeah, the W123 is a fine vehicle, I just dont have time to monkey with it anymore, and the wife is tired of it. Thats partly how I talked her into the PSD Excursion :D. I was wondering if someone was going to comment about the 240D. First $500 takes the Mercedes! The rear seat post for the...
  8. W

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=13326&cat=500 pics
  9. IMG_2634

IMG_2634

10. IMG_2633

IMG_2633

11. IMG_2635

IMG_2635

12. $3500 For Sale

$3500 For Sale

2000 Golf GLS TDI $3500
  13. W

OK, I'm feeling stupid. How do I post pictures?
  14. W

We only get sand and cinders down here. I wish they used salt sometimes. The ice storms we have gotten the last few years have been vicious. Thats interesting to know that other parts of the state do use it. Thanks for the correction. It was a big shock to me when we moved down here from...
  15. W

A/C works great. No rust. They dont use salt on the roads in MO. The stock downpipe has always been on. Oilhammer did the last TB. I'll get pics up soon. Thanks