Recent content by whatnxt

1. whatnxt

Headlights for MK4

Look for a set of Ecode headlights with fog lights and upgrade the bulbs. I have done just bulb upgrade, Ecodes and HID projector conversion. Best lighting/price was the Ecodes on my Jetta.
  2. whatnxt

Lack of used TDI's after 2015

My 2012 Golf was non-Def.
  3. whatnxt

Q5 buying advice

Sounds like you are pleased with your new ride. (y)(y) After two years, for us, it is the best vehicle that we have driven. So much fun.
  4. whatnxt

VAG 3.0 TDI Real World MPG

For overall mileage, aerodynamics and weight will play a large part. The A’s are smoother than the Q’s. With our Q5 with the “fix”, we range from 29 to 36 MPG. Town only I have seen only 24.
  5. whatnxt

WTB: Q5 tdi, greater Seattle area

Great find. You will enjoy the new ride. Adding the Fogs for Cornering Lights and courtesy windows are the other adaptions that we have found useful. I also added the white/yellow fog light bulbs. Yellow works great in the snow/fog and white in the country. Have you picked a shop yet to do...
  6. whatnxt

WTB: Q5 tdi, greater Seattle area

Good luck with finding a good Q5 TDI. We love ours. Look for a Premium Plus with Tech as a minimum trim level. B&O stereo upgrade is nice. Get the factory towing package if you plan on doing towing. Got ours (2015 Q5 Prem+ with towing and Tech pkg) from the Ford dealership in Snohomish (WOULD...
  7. whatnxt

Cold weather starting tips and advice!!

And don't forget adding an anti-gel solution to the fuel tank. Winterized diesel from the pump may not be enough.
  8. whatnxt

Glass cleaner recommendation?

I use Zep window cleaner. Get it at Home Depot. Works for the sun we get here in the PNW. Only clean the inside every couple of months.
  9. whatnxt

WTB: 1.9 ALH 5sp, Western WA

There a few on the Seattle Craigslist.
  10. whatnxt

04 BEW VNT 17 boost creep issues?

Take a log and contact Malone Tuning directly on their site. As said, these are not just tune and go. I had the boost creep issue on my PD and it took six different tunes to address the issue. In the end, boost was limited to 18 psi below 2000 rpm and then 22 above that. With the original ”box”...
  11. whatnxt

Scoping out a new TDI

Nero Morg Congratulation on your purchase. Enjoy. My Q5 TDI puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Just did a trip to the Oregon coast. 36 mpg. 80 is way too easy to cruz at. 🤪
  12. whatnxt

Scoping out a new TDI

(y)(y) Good choice. Let us know what you think after your drive. Might still look at a Q5 just for fun.
  13. whatnxt

Scoping out a new TDI

What low numbers are your refering to? With my Q5 (same engine as the Q7), I'm getting 34-38, mostly highway driving. Around town, around 30. Much better than the gassers. Reliability of the TDI 3.0 and the ZF 8 speed transmission is good. Remember that you would have some of the extended...
  14. whatnxt

Advice for new Q5 owner

Note: For the service kits, they include 9 bottles of the trans fluid. Changes only use 6 bottles as the trans will not fully drain.
  15. whatnxt

Advice for new Q5 owner

Congrats on your new purchase. Here is a list of stuff that I put together for my brother. He just purchased a 2015 Q5 TDI Prem+ with only 21K miles on it. Drove it back from Dallas area to Spokane WA. About 2200 miles. Averaged 34 MPG. Loves the car. Sites for information...