Recent content by wetwillie

1. W

TT shifter installed!

www.parts4vws.com. ~30 bucks + shipping. Good site.
  2. W

Time for new tires, which one????

I second the thumbs-up on GS-D3's. I've never owned a tire with a better dry/wet traction-composed ride combination. They're tenacious and quiet. Don't know the tread life as I only 5K on 'em, but they look new!
  3. W

What will happen if I put the 205/65/15 on an A4?

Your speedometer will be closer to actual (it will still indicate slightly higher speed than actual). Your odometer will tally ~ 3% less than actual. Your difference in mileage depends more on rolling resistance (and weight) of the tire than any other factor for this size change.
  4. W

short shift kit

SSKit from Audi tt, #8N0711051 - 30 bucks
  5. W

What tires for 16" alloys?

What tires for 16\" alloys? 205/55-16s are too small(dia) IMO, they're diameter is smaller than the stock 195/65-15s. You should choose a 215/55 or a 205/60 if you dont wanna lower your car and throw the speedometer even farther off. The 7" rim width will accomodate either of these (more...
  6. W

Suspension on a budget. Need opinions / advice.

Has anyone used the Autotech swaybar before. It seems to be popular also at the Vortex. Does it require greasing like the Neuspeed does. I installed the autotech RSB. The only greasing required is at installation you need to grease the bushings(and the bar) to slide on the bar Drilling...