Recent content by Westy

1. W

MK4 Parts For Sale.

I need a rad support, both front fenders, foam behind front bumper skin, front bumper skin and drivers side headlight. Preferably black. 2000 Golf 4 door TDI Last Wednesday's storm got the best of the old girl.
  2. W

HOW TO and do-it-yourself threads

Links are dead.
  3. W

Looking for parts supplier in Ontario

Thanks for the info.
  4. W

Looking for parts supplier in Ontario

I'm looking for a reliable parts supplier for my 2000 Golf TDI. I need the following, accessory belt, tensioner and alternator pulley.
  5. W

Injectors

Once again, I'm not looking for "bigger nozzles", I'm only thinking that with 220,000km on the original set they are probably less than optimal, and could at least use a cleaning if not exchanged for a new set. It had the upsolute program installed at about 10,000km from new. So far the...
  6. W

Injectors

Not concerned about more power, just looking to the near future for stock sized replacements as with this many km on the originals, I'm sure they are less than optimal.
  7. W

Injectors

I'm looking for the best no bs, no hype vendor for replacement injectors for my 2000 auto Golf TDI. From all the reading I've done here and elsewhere, I'm seeing a lot of smoke and mirror bs, also a lot of name calling and school yard drama. This car has about 218,000 km on it and is stock...
  8. W

Auto Parts in Canada

I've had issue with this vendor bestpricescarparts.ca. I tried to place an order on Thursday before Thanksgiving with overnight shipping. Went through the order procedure, and when I got to the conformation page, it said there was a problem. I tried a second time, same issue. I then got on the...
  9. W

Need help deciding on new injectors

What would be the recommendation for an 2000 Golf TDI auto with first generation Upsolute program. The car has 105,000km on it, about 80 of the with the Upsolute program.
  10. W

Black Paint care

I second the use of Zaino paint care products, easy to use and do an excellent job.
  11. W

Metal Skid Plate

Here are all the part numbers you should need except for the sound mat and retainers NAME............NUMBER............QUANTITY . Skid plate..............................1J0 018 930 B......1 Side skirt rs.........................1J0 825 250 J......1 Side skirt ls.........................1J0 825...
  12. W

war diesel?

88.9¢ CAD/L or $2.28 USD/US gal for Sunoco Gold in Trenton Ontario.
  13. W

Upgrading Injector Nozzles On An Automatic

GF Do you think there is need for mechanical boost control on the automatics. We're running just the upsolute chip with EGR adapted. I'm considering 0.184 nozzles in the future.
  14. W

NOISY SUSPENSION

Here is diagram of the stabilizer bar bushing, it is item 25
  15. W

Clutch Abuse

That car must have reeked of burnt friction material