Recent content by wbuschman

1. W

Cleveland Area GTG -- September 22nd

Not Sure About This One I think I may have to cancel this one. I'm having a bunch of work done on my house that I thought was going to be done by now, but at this point it's not looking so hopeful. There wasn't a ton of interest in this one anyway. Sorry! -Wes
  2. W

Bicycling

Sunday Ride? I didn't get in until 2:30am Saturday morning... stupid work. This afternoon I had a great ride out to Ann Arbor mostly on trails. Had lunch at a Jamaican restaurant near downtown and it was fantastic. Anyway, the ride was about 30 miles and the trails were great except for...
  3. W

3D Printed Cell Phone Mount

I use a Dimension uPrint which runs around $16K these days. You can pick a MakerBot up for MUCH cheaper, though, and they're pretty impressive little machines. The only drawback to the hobby machines (at least when I picked the Dimension) is that they don't print support material at the same...
  4. W

Bicycling

I'm bringing my hybrid. I do 20-30 averaging 12-15 so I won't be keeping up with your pace so well. :)
  5. W

Bicycling

I'll be bringing my bike with me and plan on doing some cycling around Ypsi. Looks like there's a brewery about 3 miles away from the hotel. Also, there's some interesting looking rides on bike.ypsi.org that I might do. specifically the taco tour has my interest. :) If anyone feels like...
  6. W

Cleveland Area GTG -- September 22nd

I'm thinking of having an informal gathering at my house on September 22nd. 37000 Eagle Rd. Willoughby Hills, OH 44094 Time would be 9am until the neighbors call the cops. :) I have enough property to park quite a few cars (hopefully the ground isn't wet) and a garage in case anyone wants...
  7. W

TDI owner in the Akron, Ohio Area

Cleveland Area GTG I've got 4 acres in Willoughby Hills (20 minutes East of Cleveland). I don't have any tools other than a VAG-COM that I don't know how to use, but I do have a full bar and a pool table. :) If anyone wants to do an informal GTG and just park a buncha TDIs in my yard some day...
  8. W

Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

Either works for me! They're both about the exact same distance from where I'm staying. I don't know the area so I don't know what there is to eat around there, but I'm sure Yelp could figure it out if you're equally unfamiliar with the area.
  9. W

Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

I'm going to be driving up the evening before the GTG and staying with a buddy of mine nearby. I'll be leaving Cleveland around 6:00pm on Friday which will put me in the area around 9:00pm. Anyone else planning on getting up there the night before, and if so does anyone feel like getting...
  10. W

If you want my SW 12 model of the part, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
  11. W

Definitely not Billy Mays. I would want Vince of Shamwow amd Shticky fame. :) 20 bucks would cover my costs at least. I'm still kinda perfecting the clip. Printed ABS doesn't have the same ability to take repeated stress that injection molded plastics would have. The first one of these I made...
  12. W

Don is right that the 3D printed parts wouldn't lend themselves well to mass production. Not only are they expensive (about $5.00 in material) but they're also slow to make and not as durable as an injection molded part. That's why if anyone here wants something like this, I won't be looking to...
  13. W

Finished Product Okay, so I couldn't wait for solvents and paints to dry, so I went ahead and sped up the process with a heat gun. Here is the painted part in place: And here is what the overall console looks like with the phone mounted in place: Nice and clean - no visible wires...
  14. W

Ball diameter is 0.665in. My printer only goes to 0.01in resolution, though, and I never actually measured the finished printed part, but it fits great. I can easily modify the ball diameter if needed.
  15. W

Well, I don't know how much the clips change over the years, so I would need you to send me one of the clips out of your car. Then I also need the cell phone mount you're using so that I can verify clearances and that everything will fit. Also, if you take a picture of the mount in your car...