Recent content by WAKeele

1. W

FS: 2002 Jetta TDI (better sell as driver or part out?)

You know, I'd be lying if I said that hasn't crossed my mind....
  2. W

So is this something you professional TDI mechanics would be interested?
  3. W

So I have a 2002 Jetta TDI 5-speed manual with almost 319,000 miles that is still an everyday driver, but I've put in so many new parts in the last few years I'm debating whether it's worth more sold for parting out or as a driver. I bought it in CT with 224,638 miles on it in November of...
  4. W

DIY: How to fix air blend door MK4 TDI no cabin heat problem

So I take it my current Jetta is well past the point of blowing foam -- my last one I got a little bit of it in the early stages of third-hand ownership -- so while I'd welcome better temps on both ends, my problem looks to lie in an inoperative blend door. One morning about two weeks ago...
  5. W

Slow to start when parked on angles, then lots of smoke

Thanks for all the help guys... Turned out the fuel pump was slowly imploding. Have a new fuel pump -- and a new level of debt -- but all the problems are resolved.
  6. W

Oh, and maybe unrelated; at a steady RPM it will sometimes experience a slight, rapid jerk from about 2,400-2,800 RPMs. Doesn't seem to matter the gear I'm in.
  7. W

Battery draw, then no start (fuel issue?)

UPDATE (finally): So putting in a new alternator solved the problem--well, at least the battery draw. There's still an issue with it not always starting well, particularly after parked at an angle.
  8. W

So I've had starting issues for several months now and it has consistently been when the car is parked at pretty much any angle other than level. I have to turn it over quite a bit before it finally takes, and sometimes it struggles to take. After starting, there is usually quite a bit of gray...
  9. W

FS: Misc. Parts from 2002 Jetta TDI - Ft. Meade, MD

I figured I'd check to make sure nobody wanted anything of these for whatever reason rather than toss them. I'd keep them for potential repurposing but I don't have room to tote them across the country. The car currently has 279,XXX miles and everything has been removed in the last 1,000...
  10. W

So the 3.77 steady draw went away while I ran in to get my manual (the negative was off for about 5 min so I'd figure only the crucial powered things would be drawing at this point), and read a steady 0.44 amps once I got back (about 10 min after I started). Although I didn't check all the...
  11. W

Finally got a meter and about to go through pulling fusing. With a freshly charged battery I'm getting a 3.77 AMP draw with "normal" parked car! Let the fun begin...
  12. W

That's troubling. Yesterday I tried to see if it had enough juice to turn over again, and it was the deadest it's been--not enough power to unlock trunk. The fuel feed line was half filled from the brief turnover the day before. I'm feeling it may be the fuel shutoff solenoid or something...
  13. W

Fuel issue o1 alh

I wonder if my recently posted problem is in the realm of this: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=396980. It has sat in a parking lot for about 2 1/2days without running, but I often go weeks without driving the car. I miss having a shop to work on this damn thing....
  14. W

For about a week and a half, I've had something running my battery dead overnight. Battery is about two years old and checked out to be better than rated, along with the starter (about two years old) and the alternator checking out fine. I've been told the amp can eventually start draining, so...
  15. W

Sudden Limp Mode while towing across country

Yeah, I meant the snow screen (it pretty much has been a bug screen from my experience). So it turned out the air line that goes from the EGR to the intercooler was disconnected to the right of the washer fluid tank. Was completely off, but just enough to cause the problem. The oil on stuff...