Recent content by waawaaweenie

1. W

DIY: DSG Transmission scheduled maintenance (40K miles interval)

I think if you look, the drain plug is in the rear of the case so it really doesn't matter, it will all drain out, just give it some time to do so. for what the cost is, I would only use time tested lubes in this expensive transmission. I am one to cheap out at times but would kill myself if I...
  2. W

did mine 2 weekends ago and did the top fill method worked fine, very easy. fluid was like maple syrup color, no smell tho everything went fine and it seems to shift easier but that probably is just me wanting to see some difference
  3. W

I was thinking top fill with like 4.6-4.7 litres with the plug in and run till the appropriate temp is achieved, then pull the plug and let a smaller amount come out that has risen to over the top of the snorkel. I may be doing this job this weekend if the supplies arrive.
  4. W

would it work to just install the snorkel without the plug and then do the top fill with the funnel and when on the last bottle, pour slowly and wait for the over fill to come out and then the correct amount is achieved?
  5. W

New Beetle 2006 TDI--Replacing headlights??

I have VAG_COM but could not find any info on how to disable the DRL my chassis code is 1C
  6. W

I finally got it. You were right about the flimsy lock lever I was looking for a thicker piece of round stock like pictured in the tutorial posted above. mine may have been the original lights and the housings almost had to be pried out because of the dirt and dead bugs around the inside of...
  7. W

thank you very much for all your trouble, I have seen that lever but it does not do anything and it is so flimsy that it seems to not be connected to anything I can reach it with my hand and I have tried pushing it down and up I will give it another go when I get back into town
  8. W

I am trying to figure this out too. my 06 has the locking 5mm bolt but not the lever they are describing to release the assembly. I am trying to change the passenger side light. this tutorial is also using a gas model, which has different equipment in that area too. my owners manual is also...
  9. W

TDI Patch

I will take a couple when you get ready to sell
  10. W

Scanguage II settings.

I use a Garmin in my truck and have put on close to 1 million miles with it. I have passed by hundreds of "cop in a boxes" in the mountains and on flat roads, and it is always right on the money with those. on the rare occasion there is a difference, I chalk it up as the cop in a box is wrong.
  11. W

507 oil gets better mileage than rotella T

I thought it was but no one seems to mention anything but the standard specs. thanks
  12. W

Is the engine oil supposed to be black on TDI's?

it might be you are not getting all the oil out, not sure how much is left in the internals, lifters, oil pump and all
  13. W

What are YOU and others doing to conserve fuel?

try a GPS. it will let you know exactly how much longer it will take you to get where you are going when driving slower. it is amazing on a 40-50 mile trip, slowing down 5 mph will get you there almost at the same time. the troopers stay away from you too.
  14. W

507 oil gets better mileage than rotella T

is 507 equivalent to 505.0?
  15. W

38 gallons of D2, free!

thats not laid off, it's age discrimination.