Recent content by vwztips

1. vwztips

Random no start issue

OEM Valeo starter No access the scope though
  2. vwztips

Random no start issue

Hello all been a while since I posted. Been playing with my Tiguan TDI conversions lately. However my son still has a 2005 Passat TDI wagon in the family. It's a 5 speed manual, deleted and tuned. He has put 30k trouble free miles on it since the conversion. That is until the past 3 months...
  3. vwztips

hints for B5.5 TDI manual 5sp clutch job

Easier to pull it all. Gives you a chance to inspect the engine too.
  4. vwztips

FS: 2013 Jetta TDI Sport Wagon part out, Greenville, SC

Hey thanks for asking but I sold the car. Will edit my post
  5. vwztips

I'm baaack!

Yeah I was just looking on Autotempest and there are a few here and there. More than I want to pay since they are running. I have moved on to the Tiguan and putting TDI's in them. The sedan/wagon thing is too low for me, haha. Just looking for a a project to put the BHW in. Have a complete 6...
  6. vwztips

I'm baaack!

Hey QuickTD, does the B7 intercooler use the same fittings as the Passat BHW. This is very interesting. My son has a B7 TFSI that supposedly has been rebuilt. When (not if) it takes a dump, may talk him into converting it with the Passat I just picked up with a bad transmission. Did they...
  7. vwztips

D3 A8 TDI Swap - First Start!

Reach out to Jetta 97 (marin). He has helped me a lot getting odd codes cleared. He has switched up the RPM face to match the TDI and used one of the icons for the GP for my Tiguan conversion
  8. vwztips

Odd request - brake pedal height

It's adjustable. Just run the threaded bolt in some
  9. vwztips

TDI Blown Turbo

Reach out to Aaron at Cascade German. If he doesn't have the turbo, he sometimes can pull a rabbit out of his hat and get one.
  10. vwztips

2013 oil leak

Hello all, have a 2013 Passat TDI with 160k miles. recently developed a decent oil leak on the firewall side. Cannot determine where it is coming from. Underside of turbo is clean. Any pointers would be appreciated
  11. vwztips

Tiguan 4Motion Common Rail TDI Swap

Last time I talked to him was a couple of years ago. Since then I have done a CJAA/6 speed manual and now have a CJAA/DSG. Have a 6 speed 4 motion and clutch waiting to replace the DSG. Trying to find a buyer for the FWD DSG first. Has a Malone tune on it.
  12. vwztips

2.0 TDI 4 Motion Tiguan

Original auto in the gasser Tiguan is not a DSG and I didn't want to get into making the ECU talk with the TCU of the original Tiguan transmission
  13. vwztips

2.0 TDI 4 Motion Tiguan

The current CJAA and DSG came from a 2011 Jetta FWD, so yes it works in the Tiguan
  14. vwztips

2.0 TDI 4 Motion Tiguan

Currently running a CJAA and FWD DSG in my 2012 Tiguan. Have a 6 speed manual TDI gearbox from a Euro Tiguan, just haven't had time to install it.