Recent content by VWWV

1. V

Hurricane Irma

Unsure if this is right section. Please move if needed. 1. Hurricane irma eye passed over us with inevitable power loss on Sunday. Power was restored today (Thursday) Whoopee. During those long days and longer nights while my neighbors relied on generators...we used an inverter hooked to...
  2. V

general info.

Had my pristine 1996 B4 in repair shop for AC rehabilitation. In order to access the dryer, the shop raised it via the jacking points on an hydraulic lift. When I recovered the car, it rode like a hay wagon. Discovered that the driver's side rear shock had locked in extended position. This...
  3. V

If there is a Buyback..What would it take for you get out of your TDI?

Who's to say that VW wouldn't FLIP any"buy backs" in China, Mexico, India, Indonesia, etc.? They likely could recoup any forthcoming fines. OTOH, VW might offer to install a fuel injector in the exhaust system to burn off pollutants? That would be a cheap fix. They did that in 1996 and it...
  4. V

Incresed or decreased value?

increased vs. decreased value? All good and valid points. Thanks to all. i'll keep it. Soon eligible for antique plates.
  5. V

Incresed or decreased value?

Given the current uproar re: VW/Audi TDIs, Has my low milage, excellent condition 96 B4 1Z increased or decreased in value in the used car market? I'm not selling. I am seeking opinions. VWWV.
  6. V

1996 B4 vs 1997B4 idle vibration?

. X 2 re: the Flex pipe. Made my 96 B4 feel,as new, in that idle to 2200 rpm "drone" window Mine cost about $90 installed. Other than my marriage license, it was the best value, I've ever received for the money.
  7. V

2 sedan shells ready for scrap

looking for sun visor clips. could you e mail me ? pbloar@msn.com Paul. VWWV
  8. V

Any GA gatherings?

How far from Cartersville to Ocala, Fl? our GTG group includes a member that drives in from St.Simons Island. E mail Chris. Mendola at doctordiesel@cox.net. We generally meet spring and fall. Hope to see you there.
  9. V

Welcome Audi TDI members

Thanks. Good info. BTW, Other than the bling items. I prefer my B4 over the Audi A3 tdi. More comfort, better fuel efficiency, and loads more space. Of course, I prefer my B4 over just about every other car I've ever driven or rode in.
  10. V

Welcome Audi TDI members

My daughter has a 2012 Audi A3. I think her decision was based on my having the B4? Does that qualify me to post on this forum? Anyway, I was with her on a recent trip from NC back to Fl. and we had the unfortunate experiences of engine stalling two separate times when slowing to a stop. The...
  11. V

96 B4V vibrates

Yes. Yes the whole car can shake. I couldn't believe it, either. Your symptoms sound exactly like mine. Here's a test: While on a lift (or otherwise raised with wheels not in contact with the ground, ask someone to push sideways or upwards on the exhaust pipe at the convertor while you are...
  12. V

96 B4V vibrates

Maybe its time to consider adding a flex pipe section to your exhaust? Made my B4 feel as-new. I, too, had been considering motor mounts. Couldn't get the Search function up this morning so I'm sorry I can't give you a reference. Cost me $90 installed...a year ago. Most muffler shops can do...
  13. V

need help with fixing cold start lever and possibly cable also

If you look on the engine block side of the injector pump (that's the thing with all the metal fuel lines coming out of it) you will see a lever into which the advance cable used to attach. The cable would cause the lever to rotate either towards the passenger fender side or the driver side of...
  14. V

chocke pulled out, not going back / car not starting

TDIs don't have chokes! THis IS a diesel you're talking about? Diesels don't have chokes. No...it isn't related to the no start unless the advance is in the run configuration and it is real cold. No Starts are generally battery, starter related. There are several other causes but those...
  15. V

chocke pulled out, not going back / car not starting

Sorry, Momin. You have posted on the wrong forum. This forum is for TDIs and TDIs don't have manual chokes. However, your problem may indeed be a weak battery. You have mistaken the cold start advance for a choke. If the cable is broken (common) you may manually rotate the cam on your...