Recent content by vwmikel

1. vwmikel

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

I can't post anything over there on e90post so I guess I'll leave this here: Particularly to the people over there: slow your roll. I was basically tasked with fixing a limp mode issue. I made an attempt to do so and he seems to be happy with it. I didn't ask him to post anything at all. I'm...
  2. vwmikel

MAP Sensor Help Needed!

Kit, E-mail me the file that you're using and I'll double-check that the linearization is right for the sensor you're using.
  3. vwmikel

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

I don't post here all that often these days it seems. First off, I don't really want to get into throwing stones here and turning it into a pissing match. Nobody would really gain from it. That said, I really think these systems require a less is more sort of approach. It's better to work with...
  4. vwmikel

Looking for my car's previous owner?

You could put the other ECU in there to see if it will fire up, but it will die after a couple of seconds due to the immobilizer. This one can't be aligned so easily like the 00-01 ECU's and an immo delete can't be done with VCDS.
  5. vwmikel

CR OBDII tune swapping?

There are some tools which offer OBD read/write capability without a prior patch, but I have yet to hear of one that wasn't doing a virtual read on protected ECU's. What that means is that it looks up the software version and compares it to a list of original files which it can then flash in an...
  6. vwmikel

Looking for a very good chiptuning diesel compagny

Are you looking to adjust SOI on your own or just have it done? it seems most tuners in Europe do not get into that. But, that may just be the car park tuners.
  7. vwmikel

Unlock Q-Loader

You'll have to try plugging it into your computer with the USB cable and hitting erase. If it erases you should be good. Then you'll need to reload the correct drivers and go back out and read your car again and send that file off to the tuner.
  8. vwmikel

why might big nozzles kill injector units? (PD)

This sort of thing makes me think it's a possible injector leak or atomization problem. Those things would cause white smoke and be somewhat related to power output. As A5inky mentioned, check the injector balance.
  9. vwmikel

ALH rabbit truck swap

Wouldn't a G60 Radiator be shorter like a Rabbit or MK2 radiator and have both the inlet and outlet on the drivers side? I've used a 1.8T thermostat housing to redirect the radiator hose forward and then connected it using a MK2 upper radiator hose going to the lower connection on the radiator...
  10. vwmikel

Vegas Junk Yards?

There's also the $10 pick a part (supposedly everything is $10....I haven't tested that one). What are you looking for?
  11. vwmikel

Help me decide on tuning options (egr, etc.)

FWIW, the major difference people seem to cite on the ASV software is the timing maps. Those can always be added to the original file so you get the good without the bad.
  12. vwmikel

Mk7 chipping

I don't think it's so much that. Most modules will increase fueling by modifying rail pressure signals. Without knowing the actual increases in rail pressure I think it raises concerns for the safety of the high pressure fuel pump. That's not to say that is what this module does or anything (and...
  13. vwmikel

hx35 on alh

Yes, I would run a restrictor. I'm not sure if that's going to solve your problem though if the oil is coming out of there that quickly.
  14. vwmikel

1997 B4V 1Z Grocery Getter Build

This deserves a frowny face :( I'm glad to hear you're all ok. The whole thing could have been a lot worse.
  15. vwmikel

Wtb b3 tdi ecu

They can be chipped. Its just somewhat limited in comparison.