Recent content by VincenzaV

1. VincenzaV

BEW O2 sensor...

I used a MAP torch to clean mine off (had to do several times though)
  2. VincenzaV

BEW- Does anyone here know ?

My 2004 BEW Jetta had the actuator arm dry rot, rendering it ineffective. So whatever the butterflies do, they have not rendered any MPG issues-so they stay stuck in whatever position they are in.
  3. VincenzaV

Junking '02 Jetta TDI - what to keep?

Agree! Part it out if you are able.
  4. VincenzaV

Splash Guard / Skid Plate

Agreed. I had a contractor drop a full size claw hammer in front of me. No where to swerve. I heard "BANG" and I told my wife I have to pull over, the oil pan is likely toast. No damages other than a few scratches to the aluminum skid plate (Panzer). In my opinion, the question isn't...
  5. VincenzaV

does mufflerectomy cause black smoke?

No, your car won't roll coal. I know someone with that mod.
  6. VincenzaV

2004 TDI rolling coal

"The only time my BEW rolls coal is when I have a boost leak"-Exactly!
  7. VincenzaV

2004 BEW Turbo Actuator/Stuck Bolt ***HELP!***

I had my top smart actuator bolt break when trying to replace it. To add to the insult, the bottom bolt (top did too) feels undersized 10mm, definitely seems it too will stIf I can replace JUST the actuator, I feel the factory turbo (240K miles now), while the lever is coked up a bit- should...
  8. VincenzaV

Welding turbo actuator to work around broken bolt???

That's good to know. The question will be accessibility. Possible with Mig or Stick while in car. But, is there any trick to removing the original exhaust manifold bolts?
  9. VincenzaV

That's great that you are still having success there!:) I would like the weld option if possible with the dissimilar metals.
  10. VincenzaV

Hi, I have 241K miles on my two owners super clean 2004 Jetta BEW wagon. I replaced my smart actuator a few years ago (2 or so) and the replacement has also rusted out (The car was in FL for a few years but MOSTLY in New England). I had two problems when installing the replacement smart...
  11. VincenzaV

Car Seat Covers

That Guy! Thank you so much for posting this, I felt hopeless with dealing with my few but large upholstery stains. These look OEM+. Your pics show some of the best seat cover fitment I've seen anywhere. Love it!!!
  12. VincenzaV

04 BEW VGT actuator mounting bolts

JNRanger, I have a 04', Stock 240K turbo. Same issue as you! Thought I was going crazy,,,thank you for posting this.
  13. VincenzaV

Straight pipe bew

Subbed. I heard welding the stainless will require a flux like Solar Flux.
  14. VincenzaV

2004 BEW Injection Timing Question

I did a TB change on my BEW. I have VCDS, but my torsion value didn't change or need adjusting. My car starts VERY fast, starts in less than a second after you turn the key. (before the TB and after).
  15. VincenzaV

Need info on this horrible noise!!

I would say listen to Oilhammer. He is one of if not the most knowledgable and active members here. OP, hope you stick around. Tell us mileage too if you can. I bought a spare pulley as back up for mine. Replaced mine when it has that problem-though not as bad yet. Test first. Expensive...