Recent content by vincej

1. V

2014 Sportwagon: timing belt and engine/trans mounts

I installed our timing belt and serpentine belt kits this weekend. How long does an alternator last? So far the pulley clutch is still OK. Ours has 178k kms (111k mi).
  2. V

Dieselgate warranty is awesome!

In Dec? 2023 we had a P2015 code and they changed some intake manifold piece on warranty. Car is a 2014 and has 178k kms. I just did the belts and related parts changes today. I think it would have gone to 200k kms no problem. What's involved in the tune you guys are talking about?
  3. V

What Filter Is Hiding in there?

Thanks again. I'm glad I asked.
  4. V

What Filter Is Hiding in there?

I had the plastic pan off and for the first time noticed a plastic cover upside down similar to the engine oil filter cover. What filter would there be in there? Thanks.
  5. V

P2015 Intake Air Valve - No fix

Is there a fuse that could be blown and if so where? Thanks.
  6. V

Oil leak

Yes that must have been the plug in heater where I found the bit of oil. Well it did go oil change to oil change without adding any so if it is a leak it's not yet a bad one. I think I may have pulled the filter too before pulling the pan off so hopefully it was from that. I'll monitor it far a...
  7. V

Oil leak

Is that a bad one?
  8. V

Oil leak

I see something there with 110 - 120 v 550 watts. Maybe I'll have to look above that to find the leak.
  9. V

Oil leak

2014 TDI Golf Wagon, I saw oil on the rubber underneath pan. I assume it is a common area. The leaking slip on hose with the yellow release mechanism is right at the bottom and next next to the DSG filter housing. I've got a picture on my phone and will get it up here when one of my kids shows...
  10. V

Intercooler icing solution my way.

Ours is hard to start when cold, like a year or more ago. We do have the lower grill covered with plastic cardboard. I pulled the intercooler hoses and only a few drips of oily water came out of the RH side so I don't think that is the problem. Maybe one or more of the glow plugs aren't working...
  11. V

Battery change-vcds needed?

I recently had to reset my driver's window after having the battery out. Anybody manage to get the tops off one of these batteries?
  12. V

Changing DSG Transmission Oil

Next time if there is one I'll find a different source. $40.31 a litre at the VW dealer. Filter $36.52. Total bill $261.87. Edit: Less than half that price at Rockauto.
  13. V

Driver's window auto up function not working.

Thank you! It happened after I removed the battery to change the DSG oil.
  14. V

Driver's window auto up function not working.

The window still goes up but not on auto. Does it need a new switch and how hard is it to change it?
  15. V

Changing DSG Transmission Oil

I just did mine. 4.5 litres out, 4.6 litres in by gravity feed through the filter hole, then put in the new filter.