Recent content by vikingrob

1. V

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

Saw this too, and found myself thinking about how payment for supercharging would be handled. I could be wrong, but I'm led to think it will be handled in a manner similar to all-electronic toll roads.
  2. V

Basically, if I am going through the Chicago area on a weekday from Minnesota to points east, I try to time it so I don't hit the Elgin toll on I-90 before 9am or 7pm, and try to reach the Indiana state line on 80/94 by 5am or 3pm. Also, I would try to avoid trips toward the Chicago area on the...
  3. V

I just took delivery of my Tesla on 05/28/2021, and wonder if the retroactive credit would apply, so long as I took delivery after May 24.....
  4. V

Just found out from the order management page on Tesla's website that I have been assigned a VIN and the estimated delivery period is today through May 29.
  5. V

I have an order pending right now for a Model 3, which is scheduled to be ready for me in May. Currently, I am driving a 2018 Ford Focus, which I bought three years ago as a bridge until I was ready to make the jump to the Model 3. At this point, I really can't envision another VW as my daily...
  6. V

Injection Pump in Minnesota

Going east from St. Paul on I-94, go up the hill, take exit 4 and turn right, they are on the right.
  7. V

EGR Cooler Pipe R&R ?

Also some of the power loss problems you might see from EGR problems could be resolved by simply checking to make sure the pipe is securely fastened - the bolt that did the job for me, when I was at the 2012 Fest, was a very common one that was sourced at a nearby Lowe's for single-digit dollars.
  8. V

PSA: Nearby cheap(er) diesel

Found a Citgo in Ann Arbor at $3.879.
  9. V

The Trip Thread

I got in about 6pm EDT today - I split the drive over two days (spent last night in Madison, WI). On the return trip, considering taking 90 and 52 from Tomah back to Minneapolis.
  10. V

Hotel Reservations - Ypsilanti Marriott

I have a Thursday through Monday room.
  11. V

Costco Diesel Suggestion Link

I noticed that their location in Gypsum, Colorado carries diesel fuel. They could easily enough survey their parking lots and/or the vehicles on which they install tires.
  12. V

TDIFest 2012 coming to Ypsilanti, MI

Coming back from the Montreal fest, I checked the border wait times at London, ON. There was basically no wait at the Ambassador Bridge, so I went that way rather than the Blue Water Bridge (as originally planned, since I had booked a hotel to stop for the night at Lansing, MI, and was planning...
  13. V

TDIFest 2012 -Looking for Expressions of Interest

Ypsilanti would be interesting - close to a major city, close to a major university, close to a hub airport, and for me it is drivable in a day each way. I made the Fowlerville Memorial Day weekend GTG's in one day each way.
  14. V

TDIFest 2012, Where will it be?

Toronto would be fun, I just need to be able to drive it in two days tops. I did Montreal in two days each way - I did the return from Lexington in one!
  15. V

TDIFest 2012, Where will it be?

Hmmm... I managed to sleep quite well the whole time, and I was on the 4th floor next to the elevator(s).