Recent content by Victor-Whiskey

1. V

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Went to a VW dealer with my daughter to get a window in her TDI re-tinted during Thanksgiving break. While waiting I walked the lot and got hit up by a salesman while I was looking at a used '15 Jetta TDI on their lot with ~14k mi. They were asking just a couple hundred less than I paid for hers...
  2. V

Historical book values

Anyone one aware of a internet source for historical vehicle book values? I think my grandmother got taken when she sold her car lat May and I want to check. And, I'm a little curious how much my TDI has tanked.
  3. V

Summer '15 incentives question

That was not helpful. And, mostly inaccurate.
  4. V

Summer '15 incentives question

I completely understand the final price of a car is up to the dealer and buyer. However, I'm trying to settle an argument: In July/August of this past Summer VW had a $1000 cash card and a 0% incentive. Was this an actual VW program rule that these two "offers may not be combined?" Referring to...
  5. V

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Partially correct. However, if your house lost 70% of it's value because you found out it was built on toxic ground and the seller knew it and hid the fact, then you have recourse.
  6. V

Likely the next best sub $25k high fuel economy car that's interesting to drive or has any soul.
  7. V

I don't think I'd do a buyback unless it was generous. However; for curiosity sake, I emailed VW Customer Care 10/3 and have received no response.
  8. V

~480,000 cars 6-8 hours per repair, per car (Horn's testimony) = ~3,840,000 work hours ~600 US VW dealerships (wiki) = 6400 hrs per dealership = @40 hrs/wk = ~3 yrs of labor They'll have to put several techs at each dealer full time to get this done in a year. This is going to be a big...
  9. V

If there is a Buyback..What would it take for you get out of your TDI?

Just bought my daughter a '15 TDI a month ago. It will be in my family until it has to be towed off to the junkyard. SO, I could care less. I will avoid any "fix" and keep an ECU image in case to flash back to. If VW starts handing out checks, I'll cash it though if there's no strings. IMHO, I...
  10. V

VW is fooked. Stand by for many months for your status if you own a 09-15 TDI. A bunch wild guesses with some semi-educated opinions. No facts yet except VW got creative with EPA emissions testing.
  11. V

Been away from the site for a while and came back to check on the recall. Wow, the sky is falling. Everyone take a deep breath. For now I am putting faith in our overly litigious country and that VW's future in N. America heavily relies on making this right for the consumer. However; just in...
  12. V

Looking to buy an outdoor car cover

I had a similar situation once. I used a lightweight nylon cover with strategically placed nd magnets to hold it still, and tied under the car securely. Was on for 3 mos while I was TDY. Worked great.
  13. V

symptoms of gas in TDI

I just got an email, she got the car back. No metal in filter. Car seems to be running fine now. The shop is a well known local VW shop and they knew what to do. $587 bill. She will use an additive based on my advice. Very experienced VW mechanic told her gas was likely very diluted and she will...
  14. V

symptoms of gas in TDI

I informed the lady of the potential $8-10k in damage, emailed her forum posts. She went ballistic, daughter confessed to putting in gas. My guess is ~.75 gal based on the dollar amount. On my advice (I got from you guys), the car is being towed to an independent shop to have tank drained, lines...
  15. V

symptoms of gas in TDI

This morning I brought her my leftover Stanadyne and B100, put in 4 oz and 2qts respectively. And, I advised her about using additives. Cars idle did seem different, and did seem to run a little rough. I have no liability in this and she doesn't blame me, but feel bad for her. Nice lady, just...