Recent content by Vhunter

1. V

Oil being used on ALH Jettas at 150k+ miles

Well, yes, it goes into storage mostly. It don't get warm driving it to or from work (14 miles) in the winter.. so I drive the van which gets warm in less than 2 miles in winter.:eek: If the weather is bad, I drive the truck. Its 4x4 so its better in the snow and ice, but it don't warm up much...
  2. V

Oil being used on ALH Jettas at 150k+ miles

I feel bad then, my 99.5 Jetta just turned 100k miles a few hundred miles ago!:eek: If you want, I could send a picture of it! :D (the car, and odo) Drive ON!
  3. V

Something different - Smoke show!

I've been away from the TDI club forums for a while but still have a fondness for diesel power. While board waiting for some surgery on my foot to heal I was passing the time watching some YouTube things.. ( yah- I know ) One of them that I thought was interesting was this set of vids showing a...
  4. V

St. Louis Is Finalizing A Proposal for TDIFest 2014

Yes, its been a long time. I hope to make it. Haven't been on the forums for a long time. Just to much other stuff going on to keep me busy.. I'll try to keep an eye on this to see how it all comes together. Drive ON!
  5. V

St. Louis Is Finalizing A Proposal for TDIFest 2014

This sounds very good.. I would really like to get to go to another Fest. I can't take a lot of time off from work to travel to one near the coasts, but will try to get enough time off work to get to one in St.Louis. I hope it all comes together!
  6. V

Ultra Guage users?

Well, I have been using it on the gasser engine in the van, and it seems to work good on it. MPG calcs are very close, and it agrees ithin about 20 miles on DTE from the gauge in the inst. cluster when full, closer on empty... I have not driven the Jetta this winter, its staying out of the...
  7. V

Ultra Guage users?

Got it. Well, I got it. It is a nice looking unit, smaller than I thought it would be. Takes up less room than the scan gauge, and should be easier to mount. I have it plugged into the Ford today to see if it would light up and work, which it did. Seems to show up nice in daylight or dark...
  8. V

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

Thanks Lawson! I wish I had more time to work on this car, but seems like there is always something else going on that needs attention.. Maybe next year will see a little more time so that I can work on the car... Laters!
  9. V

Ultra Guage users?

Hello, Been away from the forums for a while, so haven't been following all the threads. Was wondering if anyone has used the UltraGuage OBDii displays units? I have a ScanGuage in my TDI and Dodge CR Cummins, but this unit looks nicer and is about 1/3 the cost right now... Thinking I might...
  10. V

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

'85 300d Hey! Haven't been around for a while, but maybe I can get in the club again.. I have been working "now and then" on my '85 300D, which I rescued from the salt pits of Illinoisey..:D Did a bit of body work on it, and I have a few more body molding parts to add (rear tail light...
  11. V

New T4 Nozzles with DLC Coatings

Hi Pete! I might have to see about sending a set of injectors in to have you put a set on for me. My 'old' 205's are getting to the point where I don't see much smoke any more! :) Will private mail you this weekend when things quiet down around here! Drive ON!
  12. V

DCOTC #12 Fall 2010 GTG, Omaha Nebraska

I have been away from TDI GTG's for a while, so I hope that I can make it to this one and see whats been going on in Omaha the past few years. Drive ON!
  13. V

Midwesterners: When are your snows coming off?

Hi DZ, I didn't take the snows off my jetta last year, but I didn't drive it much at all last year. 4-5K miles. I expect that I will take them off in early April time frame this year. By the time the snows have melted and its warm enough to change the tires in my driveway without a coat...
  14. V

Timing belt change in Omaha, NE area

I actually think I have Nov 15th off! Maybe I'll be able to show up and meet some of the 'locals'! Its been a while since I have been to a TDI gathering ... I think it was at Ol'Navy's place about 4 years ago! Drive ON!
  15. V

For Sale: 1985 MB 300D-T

Pictures.... BK asked to see what it looked like after a little body work and paint... SO... Just thought that I would put a little finisher on this thread... check out more of my 300D pictures at : http://vhunter.smugmug.com/gallery/5687193_cRddg#350552764_FaxBy The ones before the one in...