Recent content by vanbcguy

1. vanbcguy

building a tdi-m with rover pump???

Yup, you need both the hub and the pulley from an ALH. The Rover hub has the wrong offset. Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  2. vanbcguy

Using an oil stop leak in a TDI?

A main seal leak will never be solved with a stop leak type product. At best that goop will slow a leak between two stationary surfaces, but it will never do much for a seal sliding along a spinning shaft. Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  3. vanbcguy

AHU Turbo upgrade options

The ALH turbo will work with a tune and a Mk4 N75 valve, however you'll also have to change out the passenger side engine mount bracket as that turbo setup puts the turbo inlet into the bracket. What are your power goals? Are you prepared / expecting to fabricate a downpipe or are you trying to...
  4. vanbcguy

.216 stage 3 malone tune

You can't test 2-stage injectors on a pop tester. All you can do is see where the pilot spray starts, not the main injection. I would not consider that to be a reliable test in any way. Drop the injectors with NW, they're like 20 mins from there... They can check and service your pump too if...
  5. vanbcguy

Mtdi

You're looking for a Land Rover 300TDI pump from a manual transmission vehicle. A 200TDI pump would work too, again from a manual transmission vehicle. They pop up on eBay from time to time, I bought mine from a Land Rover parts dealer. Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  6. vanbcguy

.216 stage 3 malone tune

Depends what the debris is and where it ends up. Something abrasive getting jammed in a ring will do damage, anything that burns will probably cease to be... Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  7. vanbcguy

.216 stage 3 malone tune

Your best bet would probably be to find another set of injectors for testing purposes. You'll have down time no matter what, there's barely any shops out there with the equipment to properly service TDI injectors in the first place, let alone do them while you wait. NW Fuel Injection in Langley...
  8. vanbcguy

B4 hard start and no dash lights (sometimes)

I had issues like that for a while on my B3. After much frustration and attempts at cleaning things I replaced the battery cables and alternator charging wire completely. Got some military style terminals for the battery and some big fat lugged welding cables from a place that does RV and off...
  9. vanbcguy

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Thanks for the tip! Still an hour and a bit each way but at least it's closer than Chilliwack. One B4, lots of Mk2/3/4s in the inventory. Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  10. vanbcguy

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

There's no self serve wreckers left here in Vancouver - I literally cannot get to one without at least an hour and a half drive. That only yields one yard. I have to go more like 3 hours to get to the next few. Needless to say I always check the yard inventories when I'm on road trips! For what...
  11. vanbcguy

Periodically pulsating headlights, battery light

I'd still be looking at the alternator, specifically the voltage regulator. It can be replaced by itself, the brush carrier is integral so you get both done at once. It's fairly easy to pull and inspect - if you yank it you can see what condition the brushes are in too. If the brushes have...
  12. vanbcguy

AHU 3-bar MAP sensor issues

Actually if actual is sticking at 2100 I'd suspect a shorted out MAP sensor... Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  13. vanbcguy

AHU 3-bar MAP sensor issues

How's the MAP hose inside the ECU? Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  14. vanbcguy

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

There's definitely gasser and diesel starters in the A3/B4 platform. The diesel starters are larger and have a higher KW rating. Not sure what you are running on yours, I'm not all that familiar with the transmission options for your platform. Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
  15. vanbcguy

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

ALH compression is definitely the same as the AHU/1Z. The only engines with higher compression were the older 1.6 and 1.9 IDI engines. I definitely would be checking out your electrical system... Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk